waste water pipe (1 Viewer)

gwilliam

Free Member
Jun 19, 2010
Funster No
My CI has a waste water outlet buried deep beneath the van, it is 60mm in diameter and protrudes a mere 25mm. Emptying it accurately into a drain is an art form, one I have not yet perfected. I would like to fix some sort of flexi-hose to it (have bought the jubilee clip in anticipation) but cannot find a supplier who stocks the necessary piping. Has anyone solved this and is willing to pass on their wisdom?

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
On a site recently I noticed there were a selection of houshold plumbing fittings/pipe in different configurations for this very purpose, would that work, ie work out what you need and make up and carry with you?

I do often look at European vans and ponder this as few of the sites we've been to seem properly practical for grey emptying?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

john+julie

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
none new
fixed this 1 easily, 500 mil water bottle cut off bottom this fit over outlet. drill hole in centre of cap about 1 inch in diameter normal caravan waste pipe fits exactly over this , just drill a coule of small holes in side of bottle to put string through this then ties on to stop bottle falling off , if you need a picture ask

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi, had the same problem. I struggled to find a flexible hose to fit the outlet.I eventualy found a hose on e.bay.This was a 65mm internal dia,cold air feed induction silicon pipe.fitted with jubilee clip and 3 cable ties to hold on lever rod,left about 18" too long that tucks up behind skirt untill required.
Seller was Advanced fluid solutions ltd,Chelmsford,1 paid £24.19 for a 1metre length inc postage.Hope this helps.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

gwilliam

Free Member
Jun 19, 2010
Funster No
Thank you all, your accumulated advice has solved my problem, a cut off 500ml coke bottle, a 60/70mm jubilee clip to hold it on, 1m of pond pipe from the garden centre for £3.45 and a 30mm jubilee clip, and some string. Sorted.
Thanks again.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
It's nice to know that in this age of technology things can still be fixed with an old pop bottle, a jubilee clip, a bit of pipe and some string.
Pure magic.
John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back