Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie, but was caravanner for 20 years
Another dumb question from me i am afraid! Is there some accessory available that fits over the external drain tap so you can use a hose to a drain hole on site?

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I got fed up with wet feet, now I have a standard 90 degree bend fitted so it directs it straight down (y)

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
View attachment 53273

I`ve been to garden centres, aquarists, B&Q and Wickes, cannot find anything that will fit. My waste pipe appears to be 55mm external width with a external thread. Anyone please got any ideas?
That my friend is industrial size and you won't find it at B&Q. The place to find it will probably be a farm supplies outlet as it is field drain/ water supply size.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
That's odd Badknee,, on my Wentworth it is 28mm ::bigsmile:
Quite right Bertie but it has a drain valve that drops it down to a much smaller size, pain in the bum to be honest. May have to have a look at it in warmer weather.

Upvote 0
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
We had the grey water drainage problem, with AutoTrail 2" external diameter to feet a pipe hen to reduce to 28.8 mm enteral to fit in to the ground drain hole.
We end with a B&Q plambing 90 degree part that fit tight in to the autotrail drainage pipe, then a old bikes tyer cut (with out the air valve) fitt over the B&Q fitting and a pice of 28.5mm pipe in to the other end of the bikes tyer and in to the ground drainage.

Upvote 0

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
I tried that with mine....after dumping 20 gallons of shite on the road I still had to stop to open the grey tap to wash out the black waste valve with the 25 gallons of grey water.

New and confused. What is grey/black waste. We have bought a 2004 Kon Tiki. Regarding water do we just have fresh water tank, waste water tank and toilet waste ( Thetford) or am I missing something. I thought grey water was the used water from sink, shower etc. Sorry for seeming dumb

Upvote 0
OP
OP
paul18

paul18

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie, but was caravanner for 20 years
If its the same as mine, you have one on board water supply, which serves toilet flush as well (so you cant put loo chemicals in, most use a spray). Waste (grey) water is indeed waste used for washing shower etc, toilet waste goes into a removable cassette.

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hello Paul

Only just seen this thread, have you sorted it yet?

Have a look at this thread of mine, slightly different problem, but we needed to buy a similar valve to what you have

I doubt you will easily find just the threaded outlet, but the whole valve was less than a tenner (see Terry's link in middle of thread)

Key thing is to find the outlet pipe size, usually stamped on the outside of the pipe itself, on mine the valve had a socket at each end where my pipe fitted into and was glued, yours looks at the moment to have a 'hose tail' fitting where your rigid pipe pushes over the tail, not as positive a connection as mine but [possibly easier to take apart if you get a blockage, but the valve you have and I fitted is called a union valve and takes apart for ease of fitting and cleaning

If I had you MH I would probably cut the pipe when I know the size, and fit a valve like the one I bought. But simplest of all for you might be to buy the valve, you must get the union option, then just use the outlet end from that which will give you either a socket or hose tail that you can then fit something to

We have a couple on our dump hose that fits over the pipe you can see coming out of out valve, I suspect your seller lost or more likely kept his valve outlet and quite likely is no use to him now. We also have a 90 bend we push on if dumping straight over a gully although it doesn't really need it, there is not much pressure on it and it just runs out anyway

Hope this helps, a lot of it you don't need but the thread is not that long

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/gushing-grey-water.89041/page-2

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
If its the same as mine, you have one on board water supply, which serves toilet flush as well (so you cant put loo chemicals in, most use a spray). Waste (grey) water is indeed waste used for washing shower etc, toilet waste goes into a removable cassette.
Thank-you for your reply. I just wanted to be sure.

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
New and confused. What is grey/black waste. We have bought a 2004 Kon Tiki. Regarding water do we just have fresh water tank, waste water tank and toilet waste ( Thetford) or am I missing something. I thought grey water was the used water from sink, shower etc. Sorry for seeming dumb
Toilet waste is black waste, and shower/sink waste is grey waste.
I have an American 5th wheel trailer, and like all US RVs, they have holding tanks for the waste. One for the toilet/black, and one or two for the grey. They are all a universal size, 3", and to empty the tanks, we connect the sewer hose to the discharge port, and the other end into a waste dump/sewer. Pull the black valve to empty the black waste, close it, and then pull the grey valve to empty the grey waste, which 'cleans' the sewer hose, and flushes the black waste. Some have a black tank flush system, whereby after emptying the black waste, a water hose is fastened to a valve to rinse the black tank.

Craig

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back