Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
we need to get something to take waste water to drain if we can't stop over it for whatever reason....what length piece should we get? We're off on our Continental travels soon:D

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Depends on where you are going buyt most of Europe are much better equipped for motorhomes. You can usually find a dedicated drive over dump somewhere and usually free. We have a couple of 3m long drain hoses but rarely use them.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Another vote for a bucket. We use an 'upcycled' 10 litre paint bucket as it is lower than standard buckets.

OP
OP
Pia

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Depends on where you are going buyt most of Europe are much better equipped for motorhomes. You can usually find a dedicated drive over dump somewhere and usually free. We have a couple of 3m long drain hoses but rarely use them.

Thanks for that.....good to know we are unlikely to need them...but sod's law dictates that if we don't have them then we shall very likely need them:eek::D

OP
OP
Pia

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Buckets take up space which we begrudge at this stage:) we have a collapsible one but it's a tad small:D2

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for that.....good to know we are unlikely to need them...but sod's law dictates that if we don't have them then we shall very likely need them:eek::D
As I say we rarely use them, but then we move about a fair bit, rather than staying in one place. And we tend to use either the bucket and chuck it method or, if the site allows (most do), we just drain it into the hedge to water the plants.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We have a collapsible bucket, easy to squeeze under tap and a bucket has lots of other uses.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I have a 2m length of corrugated "fish pond" hose of the correct diameter to fit over my waste pipe. When not in use it is coiled into a double circle and a short length of rigid plastic pipe connects the two ends together, eliminating smells and spillage if there is any water left in the hose.

Gordon

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
I've been to two places in France and one in the UK where it was not possible to get the grey water outlet over the drain; fortunately, I have a heavy duty sewer hose, 4.5 metres long (rather longer than I've usually found necessary), which compacts to a very short length for storage (in its box) in a locker in the garage.
http://www.abp-accessories.co.uk/product.php?cat=60

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
When the kids came away with us, we would often use serviced pitches and used varyious lengths of corrugated waste pipe, joined together when needed with plastic connectors.
We had loads of room in the garage of the first motorhome, so storage was never an issue.
I also have a small black jerry can type of waste container, with an extra filler cap in the side, so that it will slide under the waste outlet, on its side.

When we downsized to the Bolero, the waste pipe only came away with us once, when we had a fully serviced pitch booked in the Vendee and since then it stayed in the garage at home gathering dust and I ended up giving it away.

I will only be using my black waste carrier from here on in.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
If I cannot get to a drive over or the site doesn't mind "watering" the bushes, I use a 5m Unbranded Henry Hoover hose from amazon for much cheapness.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Buckets take up space which we begrudge at this stage:) we have a collapsible one but it's a tad small:D2
A bucket can multitask though, catches the drips if you store your filling hose in it, washing the van, washing socks and small, stand an outside door mat in it if it's wet, and use to empty your waste tank if needed.

Our van came with a few metres of waste hose in the garage but I took it out and left it at home.

Martin

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The hose you can buy at most garden centres or aquatics suppliers..

Lots of aires have drive over grey water disposal so vary rare its a problem. Otherwise as said a bucket and just make a few trips. AND very last resort, empty your toilet cassette then re-fill that with grey, empties the tank and washes the toilet at the same time..

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I carry a hoover extending hose, 1.5 metre to 9 metres. Cools up quite small and a bucket.

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
I carry a spare washing machine drain hose (£5)from B&Q, Homebase etc... works perfect

ae235

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
We have a 2.5m corrugated hose (from an aquatic store) to use if the grey water disposal point cannot be 'driven over'. Have needed it three times in as many years, so glad to have it. Rinsed through, it stores in the top of the gas locker, so we don t even see it until we need it!

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We have some flexi hose 40mm OD. It's stored on the waste pipe outlet i.e. it's always in place. It's friction fitted onto the rigid waste 40mm PVC pipe and then it extends about 1.2m and has a chain attached to the loose end to hold it up that clips up under the steps. It's easy to unclip and then just trail the loose flexi to the drain location.

I fitted this as sometimes the drains are off to one side and our outlet is central, this mod allows us to drive in from either way and still get the waste tube on target, no reversing etc needed.....

Mike Home

Free Member
Jan 27, 2018
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
We have a black waste "jerry can" type container with two screw-top openings, one o the side and one on the top. Used it a lot with our old Stradream mhome as the waste tank was small and the waste pipe narrow and fiddly to use. On our new Auto-Trail the waste pipe is BIG and has a proper tap on it and the tank is bigger. So far we have been able to wait until we leave a site and empty over the waste-point. I still carry the black jerry-can though Just-in-case.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back