Waste water drain - help please (1 Viewer)

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi.

I leave the waste water drain tap open all the time. The point where the water comes out is connected to a length of flexipipe about 10 feet long. This is in turn adjacent to a drain - I am on a "service" pitch with drain and fresh water etc. The flexipipe was bought at a garden centre and is rippled - like a vacuum cleaner flexi pipe. This is where the problem is. Bits of this and that are getting lodged in the ripples and cleaning the pipe is an awful job.

Is it possible to buy a smooth flexi pipe? Does anyone have any other ideas to deal with this?

Russell

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
We had a caravan with that tipe of pipe and i found that bathroom mousse squirted down the plug hole and left over night did the trick .hope thats of some use to you and my hubby does the same with the m/h pipe like yours ,when he takes it out he swings it around to empty the pipe.
Betty

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
O'leary Motorhomes have flexible pipe in two sizes Link Removed. It says convoluted but whether that just applies to the outside I'm not sure.

I've seen similar stuff in a local auto/caravan spares shop though I've never examined it so can't say whether it is smooth inside. Could be an idea to try such a shop where you can look at products on offer - or even somewhere like B&Q migh have something suitable.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Russ

Go to a plumbers merchant such as Plumb Centre, they sell smooth bore pvc pipe in varies sizes.. you may need to buy a roll but it's a lot cheaper than B&Q .
I bought 30 mt of clear 19mm PVC pipe for the macerator .. about £1 per mt.
Clear has the advantage of you being able to see any trapped muck and it's easy to clean by flushing with fresh water..

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi Russell
We've just replaced ours with hose bought from an aquarium & pond shop.
It's convoluted on the outside but smooth inside we bought two meters at
about a pound per meter and a new tap as the old-one was bonded to the pipe
for about two quid. :thumb:

regards...nige

OP
OP
Rapide561

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Waste pipe

Hi

Thanks for your thoughts.

Interestingly, a caravan has appeared next to me and the owner appears to use rigid piping with a couple of attachments to "turn corners" if that makes sense.

Russell

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi

Thanks for your thoughts.

Interestingly, a caravan has appeared next to me and the owner appears to use rigid piping with a couple of attachments to "turn corners" if that makes sense.

Russell
I makes perfect sense Russell, Its called Drain Pipe:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back