Waste Pipe Cleaner? (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
And as a result, a tank cleaner?
Go on then, what's the best product / system of cleaning smelly pipes?
The Burstner Elegance I've not long aquired hasn't been used much and as a result there's a bit of a stale water smell if you leave the plugs out. It mainly seems to be the shower more than any other.
I've tried looking for other threads on here ( must be some somewhere but I can't find them ) so any pointers would be most welcome. I know that chucking bleach down there is a bad idea cos it melts rubber seals but not sure on what to use?

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
General consensus is cheap full fat coke and pour 1 litre or so into each drain then drive a little and empty. I have used this method and seems to work, but my tanks aren't dirty and I do not throw Fat etc down them. I also use "Fenwicks" pipe and waste tank cleaner and do the same. Drive around then empty. Aside from that, keep the plugs in place when not in use.(y)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
.................. and when not in use leave the drain cock open.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
There are now some biological cleaners that slowly eat away at the organic crud beit hair or soap scum or food, they are slow to work but regular dosing will keep the waste pipe clear. The organic toilet chemicals that break down the waste ( sorry if you are eating) will also do the same job

Mike

OP
OP
A
Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Brilliant. Thanks. I may change the whole toilet cassette to the newer wheeled version. I was going to just change the seal on top to eliminate any bad seal. 99% sure it's just smelly pipes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
I have found that on our Homecar/Lunar the flexible waste pipes are run through plastic U guide to form a water trap and these can empty out letting waste tank "bad egg" smells into the van. Next time you are away and have about half to third full tank, put some bio type toilet cleaner into the waste system, do a few miles then empty. The slopping around does help to clean out the waste tank
Mike

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
We tend use Fenwicks waster pipe/tank cleaner. It's ok but don't expect instantaneous results or a total cure - works over time we find.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back