Waste hogs (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Being covid cautious we are now using our own facilities and usually staying put for several days at a time. Daily water use including 2 showers is about 50 litres. I now have a 51 litre water hog and a submersible pump and top the tank up once a day. Previously a watering can was sufficient.

I also have a 45 litre waste hog. The important part of my grey water kit is extendable drain pipes.
Many sites are happy for grey water to be disposed off in a hedge, the one we are currently on asks you to. I just run the pipe to the hedge and let it flow. Where they ask you to tip grey down a drain I use the waste hog but the drain pipes mean I can usually shift the hog onto a lower piece of ground and use the top filler instead of the lower one.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you emptied it twice as often then it would be half the weight. Simple as that..........(y);)
... but then the OP wouldn't want/need such a large one ... so why not get a smaller one?

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
I bought a Wastemaster as the outlet pipe on the Pilote is lower than previous vans and my collapsible bucket would only fit under at half mast so would take about 5 litres at a time. Wastemaster has a fill point near the handle which fits under nicely. Luckily I have plenty of room to carry the Wastemaster though.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Why not?
I often do it when at a CL. If I get a chance to see the owner before doing so,which is usually the case,they invariably say thatā€™s ok. Itā€™s just soapy water and nature can deal with that if you spread it around........indeed,this year down south the hedges have been gasping for water,soapy or not.
Any food waste that happened to be in the grey waste would quickly be eaten by small rodents and insects,,,,Will do more good than harm,,BUSBY.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Any food waste that happened to be in the grey waste would quickly be eaten by small rodents and insects,,,,Will do more good than harm,,BUSBY.
Not sure that attracting rodents or insects (flies etc) is a good thing! :unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Not sure that attracting rodents or insects (flies etc) is a good thing! :unsure:
Insects and rodents are there without us and if they are attracted to bushes away from the van they will probably leave you and your van alone..Rodents will be attracted to humans and food stores(your van) anyway,,,BUSBY.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Insects and rodents are there without us and if they are attracted to bushes away from the van they will probably leave you and your van alone..Rodents will be attracted to humans and food stores(your van) anyway,,,BUSBY.
I have had some rodent pets and they loved to come for a cuddle ... one even came running when I called his name and licked me as if he was a dog! :giggle:

Sprite on Couch cropped.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Rats make excellent pets,,,BUSBY :giggle: :giggle:
Yup, they certainly do, just a shame they don't live that long ... this is how Sprite got his name when he nicked my drink:

Spring in glass cropped.jpg

Haitchjay

Free Member
Oct 23, 2016
Hants/Wilts border
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 fgj
Exp
Since 2016
I bought a Wastemaster as the outlet pipe on the Pilote is lower than previous vans and my collapsible bucket would only fit under at half mast so would take about 5 litres at a time. Wastemaster has a fill point near the handle which fits under nicely. Luckily I have plenty of room to carry the Wastemaster though.
Interesting. Finding it a nightmare fitting something under our Pilote hence asked a similar question (teach ne not to use the search facility!) Which model do you have? Iā€™m now wondering if hubby has told me it doesnā€™t fit so he can get self levelling done!

Oct 21, 2019
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Begun travelling the road in our first van in 2013
Needing to empty our grey waste tank at home recently (local CL site we had stayed on did not have a drive over drain) I didn't want to have to move the MoHo to allow the grey waste to hit the roadside drain. I searched the garage for a suitable receptacle and discovered that one of our old stackable Sainsbury shopping buckets (remember those?) would fit perfectly underneath our Rapido drain pipe, and still leave room to crank the valve tap.

Four empty and slosh away sessions later our grey waste was empty, the bucket was rinsed, and delights upon delights, it also fits perfectly into the bottom of the ski-locker, neatly accepts our coiled up EHU leads and will now be accompanying us on our travels as I would far prefer to drain the grey tank daily and not need to have to time my exit to hit the drive-over grate :giggle:

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I have a plastic corrugated hose to fit on outlet pipe which goes to waste hog if it wonā€™t go under the van

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Interesting. Finding it a nightmare fitting something under our Pilote hence asked a similar question (teach ne not to use the search facility!) Which model do you have? Iā€™m now wondering if hubby has told me it doesnā€™t fit so he can get self levelling done!
We have G741 on the Alko AMC chassis. The waste pipe is just to the rear of the hab door. Funnily enough I thought about the levelling kit till I saw the price and went for the Wastemaster and kept the Fiamma Level Ups.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back