Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Aspull Wigan
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
Exp
I am a newbie
Visiting a site that has pitches with waste as well as electricity and water what will I need to connect my waste drain (approx 38mm) to reach where the drain is located.is their a kit I can buy or is it DIY job

Last edited:

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Visiting a site that has pitches with waste as well as electricity and water what will I need to connect my waste drain (approx 38mm) to reach where the drain is located.is their a kit I can buy or is it DIY job

::bigsmile:Hi Jim::bigsmile:
We are fairly new at this game(3yrs), and came across a pitch incorporating waste on a short trip to the IOW. We done a quick DIY job with reducers and smaller pipe, and it's still doing the job some years later.:thumb:
Very cheaply & easily done. Have never come across a kit you can purchase.
Happy DIYing:thumb::thumb:

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Udo has a 3" waste outlet and all I did was purchase a clip-on connector that reduced that to 1" and attached a long length of convoluted pond hose.

Worked really well on our last trip. The convenience, to us, was not having to empty Udo's grey water tank half way through our stay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
This is what we use:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 53
Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Waste pipes

Hi,

Our van has a 5 foot flexible hose which attaches to the outlet pipe, but we are rarely close enough to the on-pitch grey waste drain, so we carry a waste hog which fits nicely in the double floor space on the offside. But when we were down in Murcia this last Winter, we noticed that many Motorhomers had visited the local caravan shop and bought various lengths of flexible hose and made their own, often very long, waste pipes. So if you really want to make one you should have no trouble finding the right gear( even from places like Wickes). The downside of such a set up, which was a common complaint at the Murcia site, was that having a permanent waste connection to the on-pitch drain resulted in a permanent grey waste smell, no matter what they did.::bigsmile:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We have a couple of lengths of Broken Link Removed with slip in joints to extend them if necessary, even if a bt loose there's only the odd drip which isn't noticeable.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi,

Our van has a 5 foot flexible hose which attaches to the outlet pipe, but we are rarely close enough to the on-pitch grey waste drain, so we carry a waste hog which fits nicely in the double floor space on the offside. But when we were down in Murcia this last Winter, we noticed that many Motorhomers had visited the local caravan shop and bought various lengths of flexible hose and made their own, often very long, waste pipes. So if you really want to make one you should have no trouble finding the right gear( even from places like Wickes). The downside of such a set up, which was a common complaint at the Murcia site, was that having a permanent waste connection to the on-pitch drain resulted in a permanent grey waste smell, no matter what they did.::bigsmile:

Mine's got 20m of roll flat hose for pumping out waste (black and grey). However, it would probably be useless for a serviced pitch, because you can only bend round a radius of about 10m without pinching the hose. I've now got a 6m normal hose, which I guess would do the job.

With these serviced pitches, is it strictly grey waste only, or can you pass macerated black waste?

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Strictly grey.

You still need to empty your black tank remotely, away from the pitch.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
One of these from Wickes it adjusts from 40mm to 32mm. and a suitable length of 28mm bore 34mm OD waste pipe from a caravan shop.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 11

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back