Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
I'm new to Globecar, the sink in the kitchen is quite small at approx 340x270x105mm (to glass cover), has anyone found a bowl to fit. Tried eBay without success.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

OP
OP
Phillybarbour

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Er.......use the sink?

Never did understand the use of a bowl!!!
Plastic bowl keeps water warmer longer, and useful if walking across to site sinks. We use van a lot in the winter when metal sink is colder.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
What about one of these 27.8cm in diameter
IMG_0207.PNG

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We had the same problem until we thought laterally and looked at plastic mixing bowls and found one that is big enough to wash up and also leave enough space down the side of the sink to use as a drainer.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
2 ideas:
1) use a tough plastic box, they come in all shapes and sizes (eg Really Useful Box brand)
2) stand your bowl to the side of the sink - not always easy though to pour out but there's one (Lakeland? Joseph Joseph?) with a plug, probably big enough to 'straddle' your sink
It's on this page, along with another (Zone Denmark) with the plug in the corner (which may or may not be available elsewhere) which could be on the workspace and just the corner over the sink
Amazon product ASIN B003IP3IIU

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
We eventually found and bought a small one off Ebay. I've searched through back emails but can't find the confirmation email sorry - probably not much help that is it, but they are out there! (n)

OP
OP
Phillybarbour

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Two people have kindly suggested a large food container and that may well be a good option. Thanks for the idea I hadn't considered that.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> Washing Up Bowl ideas

Speak up, stop whispering, you say you want to wash you bowels, you need to look up "enema".

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
@Phillybarbour we got one on Amazon , I think it’s the ‘Lucy oblong small bowl’. If you want I can nip out to the van as the barcode is still on the side of it.

Jan 16, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt low profile
Exp
Since 2016
We use a collapsible bucket. This has the advantage of fitting in the sink and being large enough to take stuff to the campsite washing area.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I just cannot conceive of any need to use a bowl other than the MH sink.

Well even if we were on a campsite, which we are not except in dire circumstances(Avignon put a height barrier on the Aire), we would not do our dirty washing in public.:(

Why buy a MH with a cooker, sink, shower and toilet and use bowls and campsite facilities? It always beats me.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I just cannot conceive of any need to use a bowl other than the MH sink.

Well even if we were on a campsite, which we are not except in dire circumstances(Avignon put a height barrier on the Aire), we would not do our dirty washing in public.:(

Why buy a MH with a cooker, sink, shower and toilet and use bowls and campsite facilities? It always beats me.

I guess you have never tried washing up after a BBQ with dirty greasy grill, a pile of plates, and dirty pots and pans. It's a lot more convenient in a full size sink with draining board.

Washing up in public you get to meet some really nice people and get to see what types of crockery they use. You have tons of hot water so can do a really good job, and no mess in the van.

Do you never wash-up or perhaps you only eat out ?

Why pay for facilities and not use them? It always beats me.

Last edited:

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
We got one of these to fit in our sink. At £1, it's a bargain.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I guess you have never tried washing up after a BBQ with dirty greasy grill, a pile of plates, and dirty pots and pans. It's a lot more convenient in a full size sink with draining board.

Washing up in public you get to meet some really nice people and get to see what types of crockery they use. You have tons of hot water so can do a really good job, and no mess in the van.

Do you never wash-up or perhaps you only eat out ?

Why pay for facilities and not use them? It always beats me.

Agree. Also as a lone woman traveller anything that saves me having to keep filling up the water tank all the time is a plus. Struggle with draining washed dixhes in my mh and also I like to rinse dishes with clear water. Can't understand why I would not use the campsite washing facilities if I have had visitors or built up a lot of coffee mugs.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Er.......use the sink?

Never did understand the use of a bowl!!!
It's a 'British' thing, apparrently. I saw an article recently about how others think it odd that we brits have a sink to wash up in then go out and buy a bowl to put in the sink. :giggler:

Wyn

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have a bowl at home too as I think continually washing dishes in the sink causes slight scratching or dulling of the stainless steel.

and also scratch the crockery

a sink also uses a lot more hot water

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back