LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
How many kg of washing does the new version hold?

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We have a few of the newer version of this left in stock. We can take them to shows or you can collect from me in Leeds
I'm down south to collect the van at the end of the month so I'll see what's the best option when I'm down and take it from there

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Can't see the point of carrying a washing machine!
I hand wash 'smalls' & light things everything else goes to the local laundrette.
We live in our van and I wouldn't want to 'loose' all that carrying weight to a bit of kit that-to me-is a waste of space!

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Can you keep one for me please and I will collect it when next in Leeds in a few weeks time thx
Will you be collecting that before the Fife rally?
If so what's the chances of collecting one for me too?
No probs if not possible

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Will you be collecting that before the Fife rally?
If so what's the chances of collecting one for me too?
No probs if not possible

Sure I can! Not a problem

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
The wife's birthday is not till May. :(.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Can't see the point of carrying a washing machine!
I hand wash 'smalls' & light things everything else goes to the local laundrette.
We live in our van and I wouldn't want to 'loose' all that carrying weight to a bit of kit that-to me-is a waste of space!
Only 12KGs so hardly a loss of all that carrying weight as you can then carry less clothes and towels.
I personally don't like using Launderette machines as I don't like having my washing soaked in the last persons sludge, bacteria and hair, plus these twin tubs don't damage clothes.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We bought one off preloved locally just before we did our recent 5 week trip. It's the same as @jezport sells. I stand it in the shower when not in use or for travelling as we don't have a garage. The was is brilliant and it spins nearly dry. If it's sunny I hung the washing outside to dry and if we were travelling I hung it over a rack in the bathroom. Washes in 3-6-9-12 or 15 mins cycles. Really pleased with it and probably one of the best things we bought. Saved me a fortune in laundrette costs and even did my bedding in it.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I am actually buying it as a Xmas pressie for mum. We bought one already and she took it into house ...to try. It never left again and she used it sooo much burnt the motor out. :LOL:

She has a washing fetish .

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I've always been a supporter of these twin tub machines, however they can stretch and tangle your clothes, even on the gentle setting.

The spin dryer part is great and reduces the drying time considerably compared with hand wringing

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
These use very little power, around 150w for each 'side' so 300w max if you wash and spin at the same time, which is not possible on all of them.
To run them you need a small inverter which does not need to be pure sine wave. I used to run ours off a 500w inverter from ebay that was less than £20.
We don't carry it at the moment as we find staying on a site for a couple of nights and using their facilities is easier. Also we have found one site with a free washing machine, there may be others.

We just stood ours in the shower to use, running from a short extension lead. Fill from the shower head and drains straight into the shower drain.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Robert can we look at it in September?

No problem

Here's a pic of the rating plate
IMG_8414.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!