Washing machine or not? (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
ive seen plenty of people put the dog bedding in campsite machines as well, so I’d rather use my own machine and seeing as I have nothing else to do I don’t mind lugging water about ?

A campsite in Northern Spain, Costa Brava, had a dog wash room complete with its own dedicated washing machine for dogs bedding. (Torre La Sal 2) though I think it changed its name for some reason this year.

rick brind

Free Member
May 28, 2018
Funster No
MH
hymer a class
Exp
6 years
Why bother extra work extra weight not actually very good and overpriced another pointless accessory to impress the neighbours. Next you'll want a dishwasher and perhaps a chauffeur or perhaps best to sell the motorhome and take your holidays in a 5* hotel with laundry service :rolleyes:

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
Why bother extra work extra weight not actually very good and overpriced another pointless accessory to impress the neighbours. Next you'll want a dishwasher and perhaps a chauffeur or perhaps best to sell the motorhome and take your holidays in a 5* hotel with laundry service :rolleyes:
Each to their own!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Fid48

Free Member
Jun 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2018
Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Could be handy with the builders plastic bucket?
Cheers
Ed
Screenshot_20201026-114016.png

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Argos sell the Leisurewize twin tub. Great piece of kit .... but... there is a lot of water lugging required but as said before better in the sun round your own place whether on an aire or campsite once a week. We manage a double duvet cover on its own then fitted sheet and pillow cases after no problem. The spin makes the drying sooo much quicker.... Buy try and sell if not keen... people trade them all the time on any campsite. Ours has easily paid for itself time and time again

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I lugged one all around Spain and Portugal for 10 months never used it once ....so many launderettes everywhere it was just easier to pay €4 per wash and €2 to dry

As others have said its not the washing thats the problem its the drying

Ok if youre always in warm sunny weather and on a site or aire you can hang washing out on but when fulltiming im not on sites etc.

That said in warmer weather you also wear less clothes .... When its cold and wet you have more clothes , heavier clothes etc and not the weather to dry them.

£10 every 2 or 3 weeks to wash and dry i dont grudge

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
No.
Organise your wardrobe so you only take easy to wash clothes.
Take enough clothes that will last you two weeks.
(Many people wash their clothes too often)
Find a launderette ( they are everywhere) and relax while the machines do the hard work.
Wash clothes every two weeks.
Use your portable washing machine space and weight to carry more wine/ beer/ favourite tipple.
2 weeks? We usually are away for 3 months. For clothes we soak overnight in a bucket and use a poncho to wash them..For bedding and towels the site washing machine.BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back