Washing M Home (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
Is there any problem using normal car shampoo and wax on your motorhome or are the Fenwick products or similar only ones you should use? Smudger55

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Is there any problem using normal car shampoo and wax on your motorhome or are the Fenwick products or similar only ones you should use? Smudger55
No problem whatsoever (y)
Normal car shampoo is as good as anything and any wax for protection is better than no wax at all.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Only washed it once (got it just around lockdown) my local Polish run car wash guys did a great job, they even cleaned the cooker and emptied and recharged the toilet etc.....

mind you the owner is a Motor Homer and there’s a MH dealer next door.

£21.00 is a bit step mind

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
I have been using muck off for a while now. My mate bought some caravan and motorhome cleaner by mistake and gave it to me. It seems to shift most of the muck and the dreaded black streaks take longer to come back.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Motorhome paint is pretty tough. The only thing to watch out for is using a jet wash on decals. They can be persuaded to peel off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
The issue of decals is a reminder of pressure washer power. When I worked at roadside I took the spare van whilst mine was being serviced. When I swapped back to my van the boss told me to wash the spare van.
Thinks me this will be easy with the pressure washer. When I got to the offside rear corner I aimed the gun at the van and the reflective stripe peeled off right up to the drivers door. As I drove out of the depot I told the boss. He wasn’t too chuffed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back