Washing clothes .... What do you do? (1 Viewer)

alanalmoff

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
March
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2001
I'am with RC, if you have room, a spin dryer is a good way to go, no more wringing out washing, have you ever tried to wring out a towel!!! and they dry in no time, (especially if you are in Spain), otherwise do a Jack Reacher as suggested by JJ good luck,

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Okay I'll bite ... what's a 'Jack Reacher'???

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I have magic clothes(y) ....

....... whenever I think they are too disgusting to wear any longer I just sling them down on the bedroom floor and by some form of wizardry a day or two later they appear in my drawers all clean and ironed .. it's a total mystry to me:rolleyes:

I must remember to ask her ladyship if she has any ideas how this happens.:whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years

....... whenever I think they are too disgusting to wear any longer I just sling them down on the bedroom floor and by some form of wizardry a day or two later they appear in my drawers all clean and ironed .. it's a total mystry to me:rolleyes:

I must remember to ask her ladyship if she has any ideas how this happens.:whistle:

I wouldn't unless you like blood, yours that is.:D

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just got one of the twin tubs and used it a couple times on this trip. Absolutely brilliant washes better than the top of range Bosch washer we have at home.

OP
OP
Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
I marry Nikki :D2:D2

Brave comment Paul

my son has magic clothes too!

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Hand wash for most small items and if required use a machine on a site. The only thing a wash often is my cycling kit that's get a daily wash which I do in the shower whilst using it.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I carry a twin tub for emergencies but prefer the laundrette. In 8 years of using laundrettes as a fulltimer never had an issue.

I carry 2 months + worth of clothing and aim to get the laundrette once every 6 weeks.

Dirty clothes are stored in heavy duty rubble bags with their tops twisted shut to stop condensation in the winter etc.

That said, I am a solo fulltimer. If I was part of a couple my guess is that 3 times the washing would be generated. My Ex had to do laundry ever 3-4 days for some reason. She seemed to change 2-3 times a day. She would get up put one set of clothes on to last the bulk of the day, Then at tea time she would change into her "non work" clothes. Then if we went out later she would change again.... She even did this when we went away in the motorhome... Boy could she generate laundry.

This little twin tubs are fantastic if you keep on top of your laundry or are prepared to spend a lot of time on larger amounts. Very time consuming. But the spinner is unbelievable good (y)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Depends on where your you're travelling.
UK, campsites have laundry facilities, also laundrettes in towns.
France has washing machines & dryers outside most Supermarché.
Hand wash smalls and light things, rig up a line, do this on a nice dry warm day. I have handwashed my denim jeans, hung them outside & found them dry by evening and that's in the UK!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
For those that have the payload and the space get a Candy Aqua, various models, frontloading washing machine designed for small flats with a washload of max 4kg but a good 30 min wash on 2kg. Clearly not for the smaller units (so don't start with the bullets) but if you have a 7.4 ton chassis and more wardrobe space than you need then you can plumb one in. We had our German dealer fit it in the bottom of our large, one of three, wardrobes. Works great, I supplied them engine mounts to provide a fixed bolted platform, we have a large fresh water tank and a large grey, so some of you with Yankees will have no problem and Concordes and the like will have the option with some thought. Not for everyone but an option for some.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Whilst our longest trip has only been 3 weeks - Scotland, the weather wasn't too bad and we managed to crash out undies and hang on undies dryer in the bathroom and heavier gear we used a site launderette mid trip. Most other times and for the other 2 week trips we have done, we have again crashed out undies, but left the trousers, shorts and shirts for home. We do however, only have the "Travel" type clothing which wash and dry really well.

Apr 18, 2015
richmond surrey
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1961
Agree about those little machines, especially about the efficient spinner.
When my kids were small (I had three under 2.5 years) and before disposable nappies were commonplace, I travelled with them in a Commer camper, one of the originals (in 1962 when my youngest was born). Bottles were sterilised in Milton solution, then next day the solution was poured into a little dustbin with a lockable lid. All the nappies went into that, lid locked, bin then tied on to engine cover with bungee cords. Of course, in the Commer, engine was INSIDE the van. driving around for the day the bucket was then heated and agitated. Mine must have been the first camper with a built-in washing machine

Jan 26, 2013
france
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
four years
Like many of you guys above we handwash at least every couple of days. with the pair of us being ex-matelots (any older ex's on here will remember jolly jack's dhoby bucket and pusser's hard!) you would expect little else. we "crash out" our nix an' socks in the shower when we re on site. towels and bedding.....no worries as we carry three plastic buckets to assist with rinsing, soaking etc. and to save taking up to many sinks. we also carry a stock of plastic hangers for the drying bit, the type with the clips on either end are especially good for also drying towels in the shower on the van when in transit. dhoby, dhoby, dhoby , never go ashore!!!!

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Really like my Laundreez bag - like automatic hand washing, use bag as laundry bag, when full put water in, seal and either roll around around from outside or put in shower room while driving to agitate. No getting hands immersed so really good for my sensitive skin.
https://laundreez.com/

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Fate delivered me a solution to my washing problem...

20170315_142448.jpg

Outside Intermarche at Ansião.

Anyone want to buy a hardly ever used, fully furnished, T2 apartment?

20161117_150636.jpg

Now surplus to requirements.

JJ :cool:

Chaumo

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
A few years
What's all this need to wash clothes about?

Attachments

• No soap powder required.jpg
    No soap powder required.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 18

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back