Was This You (1 Viewer)

Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Naughty Naughty Naughty go to the back of the class Room and face the wall.

20170930_105428.jpg
20170930_105453.jpg
20170930_104857.jpg

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
They should not have parked there but maybe thought that as they are not blocking the gate then they were okay. I had a "discussion" with someone in a car about similar at an RNLI launch point, they claimed they were not blocking the gate and I pointed out they were parked in the access area and turning circle. They walked off leaving their car. I phoned the police......... Did I feel mean? Yes. But you never know when there will be an emergency at sea even in calm weather.

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
They should not have parked there but maybe thought that as they are not blocking the gate then they were okay. I had a "discussion" with someone in a car about similar at an RNLI launch point, they claimed they were not blocking the gate and I pointed out they were parked in the access area and turning circle. They walked off leaving their car. I phoned the police......... Did I feel mean? Yes. But you never know when there will be an emergency at sea even in calm weather.
Nothing but respect for the work you and your fellow volunteers do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Nothing but respect for the work you and your fellow volunteers do.

Not me, I am not an RNLI volunteer except we did once take part in a training exercise (right place, right time and got asked to help out) ....... I do support them and have a friend who was rescued by them when she and her husband got into difficulties in The Minch. As a kayaker I would never take their work for granted.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I'm getting really fed up with these "let's shame them" posts.

If you come across a vehicle you think is incorrectly parked, feel free to knock on their door and discuss it with the driver or leave a note on the windscreen but taking a picture or 3! of the van and posting it on social media, doesn't achieve any change.
Why feel the need to publicly shame or ridicule a complete stranger?

Be grateful you don't have more in your life to worry about than how some stranger has parked.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
If you come across a vehicle you think is incorrectly parked, feel free to knock on their door and discuss it with the driver or leave a note on the windscreen but taking a picture or 3

Very often the pictures don't tell the whole story either.

Taken too close to the area to see whats what.

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch

If you come across a vehicle you think is incorrectly parked, feel free to knock on their door and discuss it with the driver or leave a note on the windscreen but taking a picture or 3! of the van and posting it on social media, doesn't achieve any change.

Be grateful you don't have more in your life to worry about than how some stranger has parked.
Well done for saying what a lot of us think

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+

Sadly that's Social Media for you, when did you last hear of someone being prosecuted for Slander? And yet it's non stop.

I try not to get too wound up about folk being totally inconsiderate as they go through life and console myself in the hope "That What Goes Around Comes Around" they will all have to repay their diabolical behavior.

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
I wonder how the person who bought the motorhome a couple of days after the photo was taken feels?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Regardless of whether the posts/barriers etc are concreted in the sign clearly states no parking for a very good reason so IMV the owner of the MH doesn't give a toss therefore why should he/she have any regard given to how it may make him/her feel? The only thing I would 'change' is to block the number plate out to give some basic anonymity.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
[QUOTE="Minxy Girl, post: 2523365, member: The only thing I would 'change' is to block the number plate out to give some basic anonymity.[/QUOTE]

You can't remove the plate Mel or else how would I know that it's had 5 MOT failures, 20 MOT failure points and 12 advisories in the last 10 years.:D

The last entry said 'Play in steering rack' so perhaps the driver was aiming to park in a safe place but his steering rack took him somewhere else.

Problem solved.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Maybe it's the same driver who enters the yellow box outside my work and looks amazed when we turn out on blue lights, only to have to then wait for said person to try manoeuvre out of the yellow box?
Sorry love, yes you, hanging out of the window with your house on fire, we'll be with you as soon as, because we're waiting on the yellow box bafoon!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I was tempted to do some naming and shaming Friday night. Some of the parking at Wissant was unbelievable. In a notoriously difficult aire to find a place and motorhomes had been parked to deliberately block 2 spaces and no - before we blame the French these were UK ones.

Several also parked on the access road and across the back of the buses, to be fair the buses could get in and out but it clearly didnt impress the Gendarmes who same and knocked them up at 3.30am.

Jon

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
We have a few yellow boxes in Salisbury, but they must be out of order as they don't work. Someone drove into the back of me at one and had the audacity to whinge I had stopped at a green light. Luckily he only damaged his car as I had a large tow hitch on my Granada. Shows my age right there !

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
We have a few yellow boxes in Salisbury, but they must be out of order as they don't work

Ahh yes, yellow boxes. We have one in Derby where people, surprisingly, appear pretty good at not entering the box when they shouldn't. So much so in fact that they won't enter the box when they can legitimately loiter therein.

Related to that, the number of instances, thankfully, where the right filter arrow on the lights is triggered by the presence of a vehicle seems much reduced these days otherwise we'd all be waiting much longer to get through the lights.

Ian

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
We have a few yellow boxes in Salisbury, but they must be out of order as they don't work. Someone drove into the back of me at one and had the audacity to whinge I had stopped at a green light. Luckily he only damaged his car as I had a large tow hitch on my Granada. Shows my age right there !
The council must have had a load of yellow paint left over in Salisbury as well

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013

I agree Dawn - 'Be More Like Geoff...' ;)

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
I was tempted to do some naming and shaming Friday night. Some of the parking at Wissant was unbelievable. In a notoriously difficult aire to find a place and motorhomes had been parked to deliberately block 2 spaces and no - before we blame the French these were UK ones

We left the aire at Mont St Michel and went and stayed on the hotel campsite because of the Brit group of four or five motorhomes parked up next to us who were constantly moaning that we had parked too close to their friend even though the friend had their awning out, chairs and tables set up, BBQ lit, and enough room to park up their two bikes and scooter and tie up their dog between themselves and us.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009

I'm of the opposite opinion Mousy, they should be shamed publicly and it also might just make one or two others think twice before parking in a similar manner. If the owner of the van is on here, or is known by a Funster and they learn that their van has featured on the forum and attracted scorn, it might just make them think a little bit deeper than simply ignoring the wording of the sign in future.
There is absolutely no excuse for parking in contravention of an 'emergency access' sign and in fact they should be prosecuted, on top of being shamed.

I don't know what emergency access the sign in the OP refers to, but many years ago I was RNLI crew at a station in the NE where parking was difficult and regularly saw our bays blocked by none emergency vehicles.

Like Gavlad's experience, my last emergency response base was protected by a yellow boxed area and was regularly blocked in busy periods. Those vital seconds delay could make a very real difference to the outcome of an emergency.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp

Unless they're parking in a yellow box :ROFLMAO:

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Has anyone thought that he could be a responder to an emergency and was allowed to park there?
Only asking the question(y)

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
I see no problem with naming and shaming this MH owner and if he refused to listen to reason would have reported him to the authorities ( with photos). Can't understand the anti brigade here having a pop at those who try to live within the rules and try to do what's right .

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
Perhaps the hywayman cannot read, and should have gone to speck savers. Perhaps not, with eye sight that good, they may mistake Speck Savers for Pound Savers:rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back