Was looking for a Hymer, finished up with a Frankia. (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
What have I done.

Wanting a small A class second hand have looked at many, many hymers over the last few months.

I can't believe how many had rotten floors when I looked from the rear wheels going back. They use/used cheap 2 bit chipboard covered by cheap 2 bit underseal in their construction. Quality wall construction let down by cheap, nasty underfloor.

One dealer I looked at had 5 Hymers, all the lot had some degree of rot, really widespread and extensive, I put my thumb in underneath and it went straight in, water running all down my sleeve. I have felt like little jack horner on a number of occasions, without the plum.

Loads we looked at had rot, bits of plywood or plastic stuck on over the rot tto try and cover it up, this was 1997 to 2006 vans, even a 2008 way was starting to rot. Very poor. Hymer should have fitted mudflaps from new on all models or used a proper GRP floor. It has really put me off them.

Hope we don't live to regret the decision, not sure about the wall construction of Frankia compared to Hymer though.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I also thought of buying a Hymer but then looked at Frankia's,ended up with an i7900.Like the full cooker and build quality,GRP exterior with foam sandwich,ply interior and alu box section strengthening.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Don't think you'll go far wrong with a Frankish that would be my second choice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Couldn't find a hymer anywhere near as good as my frankia like you I viewed some right dogs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back