Was I over charged? (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2017
Southampton
Funster No
MH
AT tracker 2002
Exp
On n off fer years
I reckon OP might as well put it down to experience although I would have drained the coolant , fixed the filter and put the same coolant back in but then I'm a tightwad. 24 quid is 24 quid. Use a truck or coach repair place next time and just get the gas system checked. If you're of to Spain etc there are plenty of places that will service vans a lot cheaper than in the UK.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Question; If those screws are still there I would remove 'those' screws in the presence of a reliable witness (possibly involving a video camera.)
He told you he had changed that filter. My 'nose' tells me that he is telling you 'porkies'.
If that one thing is confirmed to to be a false statement, my next port of call would be legal advice.

On the one occasion I had a problem re; a clutch with a garage it was pointed out to me that disassembly to prove wrong doing would only be acceptable if done in the presence of a solicitor or a representative of the AA.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
BTW has anyone here changed one of the Complete UFI fuel filter units themselves ??
Is it easy to do ?? and do the hoses snap in like push fit fixings or are they like jubile clipped

Check this thread out, Lots of info here. :- https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/ducato-x250-fuel-filter-help-wanted.138282/

The top of the casing on the X250 filter screws on but if the correct tool is not used the casing cracks thats what happens when people just put them in a vice. If the correct tool is used and they are tightened to the correct torque no problems. Nearly all cracked filters occur after the vehicle has been serviced sometimes even when done by main dealers.

Mine was not cracked, which was what I had suspected, and why I replaced it. The one I removed, I fitted with a new filter AND "O" ring. And now resides in a locker as "spare". The "O" ring I removed was "oversize" probably due to being attacked by some Fuel Additive, I suspect.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
WE have just been pricing up the motorhome service people around us

local small guy £250 for everything
Timberland £600

guess where we are going
Also lots of recommendations for the little guy lots against the big boys . . . . . . .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I decided this morning that I really can't be bothered getting stressed out with the idiot any more so I'm just chalking it down to experience and will safewarn everyone I know to avoid him.
The vans now booked in elsewhere for its mot on the 27th and then I'm set to go

Thanks for the comments etc much appreciated but I no longer want the stress I'm finished work and trying to just look forward to my adventure without the negative weight......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back