was i over charged (1 Viewer)

ph923

Free Member
Feb 11, 2009
Funster No
hi recently bought an allegro bay 2000 it needed a complete mechanical overhaul brakes and suspension and mot costing £4,250 quite happy with the work done . but 3 weeks later needed a new fuel pump took it to a different place which was near home and was charged £2,600 fitted . was then told it needed a new turbo at a cost of £3,250 . i declined to get further info . the engine is a 6.5 turbo diesel could anyone tell me are these prices reasonable or not thank you:Sad:

slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Planet Mars next 2 Uranus
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
The lift pump sounds expensive as does the Turbo, If the pump needed special equipment for the timing thats always a bit sore but I'd still say its not sounding too good.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi I know that there was a problem with the fuel pumps but I thought that GM was giving an extended warranty claim period on these engines so you could get the money back?

I had an Allegro but I did not, fortunately have any problems, but I had met others who had and seem to recall about 3/4 years ago the fix cost about £1800?

Anyone know any different?

See here

Link Removed

Regards Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Pump and warrenty stuff.

We're '95 Winne on the P30 with the Chevy 6.5td and, she came with a receipt for arond £1800 for the pump and the owner did say that there was an extended warrenty as these pumps did experience problems. He also said it took him nigh on two year to get the money but the place that did the work advised him to persist as GM were notoriousy slow at paying out.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Just noticed the 2000 bit, I assume a year 2000 model.

The previous owner of our Winne I think said something about a 13 year warrenty on the pump, on the off chance he was correct it could be worth checking out?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back