Warranty (1 Viewer)

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
We are away and unfortunately our shower tray has cracked all the way round and one of the plug holes has broken, does anyone know how long the warranty is on this part of the Motorhome please?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I’d suggest contacting the dealer as they may be able to sort it out even if the warranty has expired.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
You are right Lenny just over 2 years old and everything breaking now, I will ring Pullingers tomorrow who have always been fantastic, but I am having an amazing time in the aire at Montgenèvre and don’t want to go home early. I bet the warranty is only 2 years, what do you think?

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Hope you get it sorted Lynne Roy . I'd be surprised if the warranty were for longer than 2 years.
If you're having a fantastic time, stay where you are. You can always wash yourselves with a flannel and a bowl of water - just like your mum used to do when you were little :giggle:. Definitely not worth coming back just so you can have a shower (y).

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
We might get frozen out yet, waste taps keep freezing, water system perfect but wastes not good. It was minus 14 though. This place is an amazing resort, favourite MotorHome holiday so far. Think it will be an expensive fix . Are you travelling? Hope you are not in Spain, the weather is dreadful xx

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Ours cracked in France too, use some silicone or sikaflex if you can get hold of it to keep it going till you get home.

Only ever been to Montgenevre in the Summer. Thanks for the winter recommendation. ?

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
We would do that if it was just a cracked base, but the plug drain hole is broken where the screw screws into . It’s an amazing place in the winter, so much to do

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Don't just consider the warranty, but your consumer rights. The 2015 Consumer Rights Act states that the item (or service) must be fit for purpose, but does not stipulate a time period. Thus it would be reasonable to assume a shower tray should last longer than 2 years. However, the difficulty might come in determining why the tray got damaged and proving that you did not store something in the shower tray whilst travelling such as an aquaroll or a case of wine or two.

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Good point, I will ring Pullingers first thing tomorrow and to be honest I have always had brilliant treatment from them, so they may sort it no problem and I am probably worrying for nothing x

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We might get frozen out yet, waste taps keep freezing, water system perfect but wastes not good. It was minus 14 though. This place is an amazing resort, favourite MotorHome holiday so far. Think it will be an expensive fix . Are you travelling? Hope you are not in Spain, the weather is dreadful xx
We're not travelling, yet. Hoping to get away during the next couple of months, but have a few problems keeping us at home, for the time being. :(

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If it is only just out of warranty contact your dealer ASAP and send photos with a sob story of how surprised you are that it's failed in such a short time and you think it may have been assembled incorrectly with inadequate support for the tray. With any luck they will get Burntser to cough up.

Consumer rights laws are very well but at the end of the day it comes down to who' s got the most expensive lawyers and its not going to be you.

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Thanks for all the advice, we will ring Pullinger this morning, I am sure they will be fair with us they have always given us brilliant after sales service, it is just worrying when you are in the Alps in snow and no facilities and having such a great time you don’t want to leave early xx

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
An update, I rang Scott at Pullingers, he was excellent as usual asked me to email photos and will ask Dethleffs to replace as goodwill gesture . Neighbours have helped out with sealant this morning and Roy attempting a temporary fix x

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If it is only just out of warranty contact your dealer ASAP and send photos with a sob story of how surprised you are that it's failed in such a short time and you think it may have been assembled incorrectly with inadequate support for the tray. With any luck they will get Burntser to cough up.

Consumer rights laws are very well but at the end of the day it comes down to who' s got the most expensive lawyers and its not going to be you.
Are you trying to upset me Lenny :cry: ... that brings back memories or our Globecar issue!:oops:

Jan 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
DBM 7150
Exp
Since 2016
We are away and unfortunately our shower tray has cracked all the way round and one of the plug holes has broken, does anyone know how long the warranty is on this part of the Motorhome please?

Ours is 2016 model, and as part of a promotion when we ordered it our 'habitation' guarantee was extended to 4 years. We received a certificate from Dethleffs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back