Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
Well my onboard charger seems to have fried itself and seen as the van is under warranty it is going in for this job on Tuesday.
What I want to know is what I should be expecting under warranty
The charger must have shorted somewhere because it discharges my leisure battery in under an hour which has damaged the battery and wont hold a charge anymore, can I expect a new battery as part of this warranty job?
Also the spring in one of the window blinds has gone, can I expect this under warranty?
I have had the van 6 months and got a years warranty on it

Thanks

Duane

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if its discharging an (assumed) 110ah battery in an hour i would be worried....very worried....as whatever is causing the drain is pulling 110 amps

that is one hell of a big load and i'm surprised there hasnt been a fire.

have you checked the chargers output voltage as i would suspect a shorted/dead cell or two in the battery more than the charger.

could of course just be a completely knackered battery.

Last edited:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Well my onboard charger seems to have fried itself and seen as the van is under warranty it is going in for this job on Tuesday.
What I want to know is what I should be expecting under warranty
The charger must have shorted somewhere because it discharges my leisure battery in under an hour which has damaged the battery and wont hold a charge anymore, can I expect a new battery as part of this warranty job?
Also the spring in one of the window blinds has gone, can I expect this under warranty?
I have had the van 6 months and got a years warranty on it

Thanks

Duane

Was the leisure battery new also? if so it would be covered .It should also be covered with dealer if sold with the van i would have thought?Would a dodgy battery damage the charger?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
duane0001

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
if its discharging an (assumed) 110ah battery in an hour i would be worried....very worried....as whatever is causing the drain is pulling 110 amps

that is one hell of a big load and i'm surprised there hasnt been a fire.

have you checked the chargers output voltage as i would suspect a shorted/dead cell or two in the battery more than the charger.

could of course just be a completely knackered battery.

85 amps and not a new battery when van was purchased
I am not after tech advice, (I can do all my own work)
Its what I can expect under warranty

Cheers

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
you can expect all you want..but what you'll get is a different thing.

they'll either blame the charger for the dead battery or visa versa.

in my experience aftermarket/in house warranties arent worth the paper they're written on

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
85 amps and not a new battery when van was purchased
I am not after tech advice, (I can do all my own work)
Its what I can expect under warranty

Cheers

Read through your warranty as new buy warranties cover everything ,not sure on used.However as a gesture and to restore faith i would have thought all would be replaced.I pretty sure they will claim on their insurance.
The leisure battery supplied with my van was a dud,it was new and showed green on the battery itself and also would show full on my control unit for a short time and as you say discharged an hour or so later.I made sure i checked everything was off and even turned vehicle battery off at ignition just incase that was knicking the power.Was defo a naff battery ,probably where potential buyers left led's and things on.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back