Warrant Advice Please (1 Viewer)

Dec 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Hi, we are considering changing the motorhome, we have seen a one year old marquis elddis encore 275 at a large dealership but not marquis or Elddis dealer. As I understand it the Peugeot has three years and the Elddis three years warranty from new and the elddis has 10 years water ingress warrenty from new. So the van should come with the remaining Two years. My concern is would Marquis or Elddis still cover this. I know that Peugeot van side of it would be covered by Peugeot and i can go to any Peugeot garage.

The ten year water ingress warranty will reduce to six years plus the age of the van because i will be the second owner that will leave Five years water ingress warranty left. If i have a yearly habitation check this should still be covered.

Hope this makes sense

Kev

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
The warranty is usually fully transferable, if you buy it the dealer will sort that out for you.

Ray

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
As above
But some may charge you for the transfer.
I would make sure it's in with the deal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
You say it is “1 year old”, make sure that the hab check was done in time - WITH A VAT RECEIPT DATED- in accordance with the conditions of the warranty
Eg if it was done too late or there is no vat receipt ( a stamp will not do) Elddis and/or Marquis will wriggle out

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Kev, just be aware that after the following items are no longer covered by Elddis once the van reaches its first year birthday.
  • Microwaves
  • Tyres
  • Batteries
  • Windows and glass
  • Deterioration of exterior paint work
  • Soft furnishings, carpets and floor coverings
  • Entertainment equipment
  • Fluorescent tubes, bulbs, LEDs and fuses
  • Plastic and GRP exterior panels
  • Plastic products including A-frame covers, wheel spats and shower trays
  • Minor adjustment of blinds, hinges, catches, stays and doors
Cheers,

Andrew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Kamperkev
Dec 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Thanks for all the replies, we took a fifteen mile trip down to Chelston motorhomes on Sunday to get a free coffee & roll at there open weekend, ended up part exchanging our Bessacarr 560 for a 2017 Bessacarr 442. It has the same layout as the Elddis 275, it’s £1000 more than the Elddis but we got £2000 more for our old van and the warranty will be a straight swap over.

Thanks

Kevin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back