Warning Sign for Bike Rack (1 Viewer)

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Ordered the aluminium version [to be Spain & Italy legal ] late Sunday afternoon, and it arrived at lunchtime. No excuse not to visit Spain now!

The Bike Cover was intended for a pair of ebikes, but the standard cover for conventional bikes was too tight for the handlebars; the ebike version stops the cover from snagging, but the Warning Sign Pocket does look as though it was fitted by a drunkard on a galloping horse ... :LOL:

Steve
Bike Warning Sign.jpg

OP
OP
marchie

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
its on, thats the main tings
My 2nd hip replacement left me with one leg 22mm shorter than the other, so it looks level to me ... And I drank so much in Italy that I couldn't see anything wrong with the Tower of Pisa ... (y)

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Ordered the aluminium version [to be Spain & Italy legal ] late Sunday afternoon, and it arrived at lunchtime. No excuse not to visit Spain now!

The Bike Cover was intended for a pair of ebikes, but the standard cover for conventional bikes was too tight for the handlebars; the ebike version stops the cover from snagging, but the Warning Sign Pocket does look as though it was fitted by a drunkard on a galloping horse ... :LOL:

SteveView attachment 536744
Looks like mine. Our ebikes are longer than standard.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
My 2nd hip replacement left me with one leg 22mm shorter than the other, so it looks level to me ... And I drank so much in Italy that I couldn't see anything wrong with the Tower of Pisa ... (y)

Steve
Val got up out of the chair in the garden the other day and because of her deteriorating knees, she was limping something chronic, our son watched her for a moment, then said "She'd be a snipers nightmare !" :X3:

OP
OP
marchie

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Looks like mine. Our ebikes are longer than standard.
I'm glad it's not just me that has a Cover that looks like [Grandma Saying Alert] A Sack of Spuds Tied Up Ugly ... I was washing Brunhilde this afternoon and saw a M/Home pass, with a similarly drunken Cover, so there's at least 3 of us who lack that casual elegance that the French and Italians set so much store by [or 'by which the F & I set so much store' ....] :rolleyes: :LOL:(y)

Steve

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Actually it's a lot neater than mine. Mine was a fiamma rubbish one that wore through where it touched. Where it wore I fixed with gaffa tape. Eventually there was more tape than fiamma grey. The similarity with yours ends at the jaunty angle.

OP
OP
marchie

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Actually it's a lot neater than mine. Mine was a fiamma rubbish one that wore through where it touched. Where it wore I fixed with gaffa tape. Eventually there was more tape than fiamma grey. The similarity with yours ends at the jaunty angle.
Can't beat a jaunty angle to match the tip of the hat when you're out to have fun ... [not that I'd know, what with me spreadsheets etc :rolleyes:]. The Bike Cover came from Taylormade, and the lady who dealt with the order said that it would be less problematic to have the larger version than to run the risk of the fabric snagging and eventually ripping because of it being too tight. She even offered to send it on Approval, with a 'try it for fit and if you're not happy, send it back for a full refund, it'll only cost you your postage'! Competitor Covers were in the same/very similar sizes, so no real alternative [and Bags4U ran out of their larger Covers stock whilst I was considering what to do!].

The Police can see I've made an effort, and I'll just have to rely on their pity for my 'Sack of Spuds' offering ... [Bruce Forsyth voiceover in my head, Generation Game verdict,'What is that??? Not your game, was it, Steve, probably 2 out of 10 for turning up and trying and giving us all a laugh ...] :LOL:

The Cover will keep the rain off the bikes, stop the rust attacks, and more or less complies with the Regs, in an agricultural fashion and I can't see it when I'm driving, so what's not to like?

Steve

OP
OP
marchie

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Still looks good to me. I would show you mine bit it's far too embarrassing.🥴
'S not fair! You said you'd show me your if I showed you mine, and I showed you mine ... I'm not really that kind of person, and besides, 20p wasn't really enough, now, was it? C'mon, admit it, ya fearty you .... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Steve

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
'S not fair! You said you'd show me your if I showed you mine, and I showed you mine ... I'm not really that kind of person, and besides, 20p wasn't really enough, now, was it? C'mon, admit it, ya fearty you .... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Steve
If You Promise not to laugh......

20170821_111157 (2).jpg

OP
OP
marchie

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
If You Promise not to laugh......

View attachment 537722
It's battle worn, oft used, you've had your money's worth, and it's moulded itself to the Bike profile ... There's a lot to be said for a piece of kit that has lost it's 'brand new cardboard-like' stiffness, and where the elastic cords have stretched just enough for the perfect fit, rather than having to wrestle with new, stiff material that goes where it wants rather then where you need it to go!

Putting the Bike Cover back on at Banchory, with only the caravan step to increase the reach was a PITA, and ended up with chain oil all over my shirt ... :rolleyes:

Steve

OP
OP
marchie

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I'm impressed you put on the right way round for the UK.
That's only because I looked at the diagram on the website and RTFM'ed :LOL: And I did have a 1 in 4 chance of fluking it, as well ...

My Dad, who was a skilled mechanic, used to look at my attempts to mend or install something, and conclude, 'Our Steve, if there's a right road and a wrong road to do something, you'll always choose the bloody wrong road ...' Unfortunately, the number of times that I was able to prove him wrong were probably less than 1 ... Whatever skills I have, they ain't in matters mechanical or electrical (y)

Steve

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
It's battle worn, oft used, you've had your money's worth, and it's moulded itself to the Bike profile ... There's a lot to be said for a piece of kit that has lost it's 'brand new cardboard-like' stiffness, and where the elastic cords have stretched just enough for the perfect fit, rather than having to wrestle with new, stiff material that goes where it wants rather then where you need it to go!

Putting the Bike Cover back on at Banchory, with only the caravan step to increase the reach was a PITA, and ended up with chain oil all over my shirt ... :rolleyes:

Steve
Methinks you give it too much, of the doubt, benefit.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Make sure aluminium ones have been deburred or they can cut / wear through plastic pockets quite quickly. Maybe worth adding an edge of tape or stripped cable insulation to prevent wear?

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
For those not in the know.
Don’t forget to point the the warning sign stripe down to the left when abroad.
It needs to point to off side lane.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back