rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
In my opinion, I think members of this forum are more likely than most to respect their environment - there will always be people that don't, it doesnt matter if they are driving motorhomes, cars or riding push bikes.

Unfortunately, due to a few irresponsible actions, from a small minority everyone gets the same treatment. It has happened in spots all over the country from Cornwall to Scotland.

Any resident from any area takng the law into their own hands, is contemptable - that makes them no better than the person offending them, and when they have done nothing to offend them, then it is just mindless vandalism.

I am sure, you as well as myself have sworn at a dawdling driver in front when we are rushing about our daily grind - but when you live in an area that is beautiful, you have to accept that you are lucky to see those vistas every day,whereas they have probably never seen them before! - We have all done it!

In Cornwall 65% of the counties GDP comes from tourism - I have never understood some of the Cornish who moan about tourism when they rely on it so heavily - and have no time for their gripes. It is Cornwalls' bread and butter - so deal with it....and that is a sentiment that stands for any tourist area. It happens in every county.

I like to think that most campers are responsible - just as in any form of activity, there will be those that are less favourable and respectful of their environments - be it off roading, walking, boating or any other past time.

All we can do is set and example, and hope it catches on! :thumb:

Happy touring Folks!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ok ok ! I know when it is time to say I have been caught !

Excellent bait and happy to admit I 'bit' big time !

The offer of a bevvy still stands and will happily meet up and stand at the bar ! :thumb:

Far better to have been nabbed by the trawler net than think bad of someone :Smile:

I am very lucky living where I do, with miles and miles of forest offering the opportunity to wild camp just about every where without issue.

Sucked in big time and very happy admit I was a plonker to react as per !

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
The offer of a bevvy still stands and will happily meet up and stand at the bar ! :thumb:

You are on me 'ansome! No insiped slop! Real Ale? Yeh?

Sorry to lead you on! Couldn't resist it !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Crikey Rangitira and there was me not liking you at all. Now you're being a smarta--e, I'm still not sure. Blinking clever dick. (that is not a compliment). ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Crikey Rangitira and there was me not liking you at all. Now you're being a smarta--e, I'm still not sure. Blinking clever dick. (that is not a compliment). ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy
well I must say, thats about the nicest thing anyone has called me on this thread, many thanks, you have restored my faith in mankind:winky:

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
yeah yeah

Oh a wind up was it, yeah right..... me thinks not :helptitanic:
Hope that puts an end to the MH bashing at least ::bigsmile:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Just noticed a post on another forum which mentioned that 5 m/h's had their tyres slashed this weekend in Marazion. Methinks it might be a dastardly tyre retailer.........:Eeek:

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
marazion

last time we were down in penzance the local paper has article that the strip may soon be gone due to lots of complaints by locals about the motorhomes using it and blocking the free parking spaces , it is proposed that it is redifined as a cyle and walkway , guess what the locals are now upset that the free parking will be gone and they will have to pay for parking , real shame , and yes a few did abuse it by setting up camp for 3 weeks plus but the majority enjoyed the location and moved on

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
When we all pay to stay on the car park and there's know spaces lift for the moaning bastards that will up set them

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yer well.. there are people who pay then theres those that bitch and moan, pretend to be well miffed and not happy to hang around somewhere, but still use all the facilities ... aint there IanH ( Still here 7 months after his 'disgusted of Cornwall' post ! Wellllllll.. he was here yesterday anyways :RollEyes: )

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
last time we were down in penzance the local paper has article that the strip may soon be gone due to lots of complaints by locals about the motorhomes using it and blocking the free parking spaces , it is proposed that it is redifined as a cyle and walkway , guess what the locals are now upset that the free parking will be gone and they will have to pay for parking , real shame , and yes a few did abuse it by setting up camp for 3 weeks plus but the majority enjoyed the location and moved on

Wow, this thread was last added to in April. Not seen an old one like this dragged up in some time.... You even got me to thank an old post :Doh::ROFLMAO:

Thanks Robinmclaren :Eeek:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Wow, this thread was last added to in April. Not seen an old one like this dragged up in some time.... You even got me to thank an old post :Doh::ROFLMAO:

Thanks Robinmclaren :Eeek:

Yes that was a bit of a Necrobump wasn't it..:ROFLMAO:

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
re did thread as we had 1 night on the strip last year and wonderful view and location , be a real shame to lose it for everyone , including the dog walkers, fishermen, wind surfers, surfers , old people drinking their flask and enjoying the view .
not everyone are in our position to afford pay sites, some just prove the point and stay for free, that is why we are all individual

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back