WARNING: E&P Levellers fitted by Solar Solutions (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
why do these systems seem to sometimes just say "computer says no"? I looked at 2 different vans with them fitted including the one i just got. The first one parked on a barely noticeable camber (to the eye) just said no, and was unable to level (i assumed it was a fault with that van), but i just parked the one i bought in the same spot and it also just said "no!"? And refused to even attempt to level (even though i saw it auto level elsewhere the same day and know it works).
How do i trick it in to doing what its told to? Didnt even attempt to try, at least if it did i could put blocks under to assist it.
If the system says "no" on the automatic cycle the reason is usually that it can't level safely on the slope it is on, you can't trick the system but you can put blocks under and operate it manually.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
why do these systems seem to sometimes just say "computer says no"? I looked at 2 different vans with them fitted including the one i just got. The first one parked on a barely noticeable camber (to the eye) just said no, and was unable to level (i assumed it was a fault with that van), but i just parked the one i bought in the same spot and it also just said "no!"? And refused to even attempt to level (even though i saw it auto level elsewhere the same day and know it works).
How do i trick it in to doing what its told to? Didnt even attempt to try, at least if it did i could put blocks under to assist it.

Post a photo of your levelling systems control panel to identify your system and then one of us with the same system can guide you through using it if that will help you.

Deleted User
Post a photo of your levelling systems control panel to identify your system and then one of us with the same system can guide you through using it if that will help you.
thank you. I only got the van on Saturday and the handover was useless really. The remote doesnt even work so Im doing it from the main unit itself.
It had what looked like a "not level" symbol lit (amber light with a van tilted to one side), pressing the auto down did nothing, nor did pressing the manual down buttons.

Also, although the remote doesnt work (new battery was fitted), i did notice while driving the led in the centre was flashing periodically (suggesting it was working/paired?), but when i got to my destination, it was no longer flashing, and the remote didnt seem to do anything again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 38c4657e1e644490acedb2f8d7b19e14.jpg
    38c4657e1e644490acedb2f8d7b19e14.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 29

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
thank you. I only got the van on Saturday and the handover was useless really. The remote doesnt even work so Im doing it from the main unit itself.
It had what looked like a "not level" symbol lit (amber light with a van tilted to one side), pressing the auto down did nothing, nor did pressing the manual down buttons.

Also, although the remote doesnt work (new battery was fitted), i did notice while driving the led in the centre was flashing periodically (suggesting it was working/paired?), but when i got to my destination, it was no longer flashing, and the remote didnt seem to do anything again.

Calm Seas you have a PM.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

The remote will have switched itself off because you didn't ;) I guess Two on Tour has sorted you out with instructions(y) new van = steep learning curve and a useless handover doesn't help.

Deleted User
definitely a steep learning curve but i knew it would be to some extent, i couldnt figure out loads of things so far, but im getting there. I bought my boat in the same circumstances, no hand over at all and id never been on a boat before (other than a ferry lol!), ill learn!

Apr 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Contacted SAP today as one of our jacks is dropping over the course of 2-3 weeks by about 20mm or so. No issues spoke to Rob who asked me to send a photo and will make arrangements to get it sorted. We had ours fitted at SAP in Oct 20. When we picked it up we were told that the warranty was two years and to book in in for a free check before the two years were up so that any issues could be dealt with under warranty.

Apr 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Contacted SAP today after noticing one of our jacks is dropping by about 20mm over 2-3 weeks. Other 3 seem ok. Spoke to Rob and no issues as it is covered by warranty, fitted Oct 2020. When picking the van up after fitting we were told that the system had a 2 year warranty and to book it in for a free check before expiry as any issues would then be covered. I'm surprised that all E&P dealers are not doing this.

Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Contacted SAP today after noticing one of our jacks is dropping by about 20mm over 2-3 weeks. Other 3 seem ok. Spoke to Rob and no issues as it is covered by warranty, fitted Oct 2020. When picking the van up after fitting we were told that the system had a 2 year warranty and to book it in for a free check before expiry as any issues would then be covered. I'm surprised that all E&P dealers are not doing this.
Yep same issue on one jack.
Hopefully get it sorted on our pre 2 year warranty check.
All the best
Antique

Oct 27, 2017
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
2nd time around.
We experienced Solar's poor communication and customer service recently regarding a set of EP ordered from them. Not being able to reach Wesley, who initially sold us on there ability, I tripped over this thread and became very concerned. Their phone when answered advised Wesley was unavailable. Consequently we cancelled our 10 day old order and booked instead with SAP who I might say gave us fantastic service and were a pleasure to deal with.
I did ask Solar via EP if they would like to donate all or part of the £200 deposit to Parkinson UK charity as I doubt they would have incurred any expense - Needless to say they declined and kept the £200 for themselves.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Our E&P levellers fitted by SAP have worked well without issue for over 3 years. We SORN our van each winter and raise the van onto the levellers taking the bulk (not all) of the weight off the tyres for over 3 months at a time. (y)

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Interesting,

Had an E&P system fitted by Solar last December. very helpful with Q&A prior. Good Discount on recommended price. No Issues with hand over or Installation (to date).
As we live within a reasonable distance of them free curtesy car.

Before booking into Solar came across a van in Hereford that had levellers and asked who fitted and what they thought of then. Answer: they were happy had no issues and as far as they were concerned a good job. Maybe like a lot of stuff only the problems get feedback and not the others, who outside the company can be certain?

However in hind site would question E&P operation as the system seems to say too often unable to auto level use manual and whilst fully understanding the need to operate jacks in pairs, fail to see why a pair of jacks can't be "edit" raised instead of all jacks.

Last edited:

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
However in hind site would question E&P operation as the system seems to say too often unable to auto level use manual and whilst fully understanding the need to operate jacks in pairs, fail to see why a pair of jacks can't be lowered instead of all jacks.
Do you mean you can’t operate a pair of jacks manually or in auto

I actually prefer to operate manually, a pair at a time, using auto we were told by SAP that it raises the van 20% more than needed.

I’ve tried this, infact i’m on Ferry Meadows now with the van levelled and all 6 wheels on the ground whilst using auto the front 2 wheels were approx 2.5/3” of the ground

Al 👍

Last edited:

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
Do you mean you can’t operate a pair of jacks manually or in auto

I actually prefer to operate manually, a pair at a time, using auto we were told by SAP that it raises the rams 20% more than needed.

I’ve tried this, infact i’m on Ferry Meadows now with the van levelled and all 6 wheels on the ground whilst using auto the front 2 wheels were approx 2.5/3” of the ground

Al 👍
Ofcourse you can raise a pair of Jack's but the E&P system only allows lowering of all 4 Jack's at a time.
Not say level on auto, switch to manual and lower a pair or any other combination of raise but no pair lower, all or nowt

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
But you said you can’t lower a pair of jacks when you clearly can

What you can’t do is raise them in pairs 😉
Ok
Re read post, my bad said lowered instead of raised. Was thinking of van movement not jack.
Have edited that post to avoid any further issue

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Ofcourse you can raise a pair of Jack's but the E&P system only allows lowering of all 4 Jack's at a time.
Not say level on auto, switch to manual and lower a pair or any other combination of raise but no pair lower, all or nowt
No on manual I can lower a pair either both front/rear/left or right ones in pairs.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
No on manual I can lower a pair either both front/rear/left or right ones in pairs.
Please read the post immediately prior to yours. #108.

May help.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
After reading this I am surprised “Solar Solutions“are still going, I used them back in 2012ish to fit a satellite system in my van Wesley did the fitting, in the coming months I had many issues with it, after 2 years I got fed up dealing with him and had the system re-installed with fuses that were easy to access, no problems after that, I have serious doubts on his competence so I contacted Teleco about his skill level to fit their systems but they were not interested. I would never consider them for any work on my van.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
I’m actually sat at the side outside of Solar Solutions having an awning fitted by Hillview Awnings, they have a motorhome up on the ramps I can see, looks like a levelling system or suspension work being done.

Solar Solutions - levellers - suspension?

does that sound right ? good luck to the owner anyway 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back