WARNING: Dodgy Speculative Buyers (1 Viewer)

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Earlier on I had the classic "Oi happened to passing sor (down a cul de sac - yeah), and I wondered if you wanted to sell your motorhome". No prizes for guessing the accent. Aged about 45-50 Medium height, stocky with beer gut, gingerish hair. Driving a recent model white Ford Transit with two black fore and aft wide dark stripes on bonnet. USING FALSE NUMBERPLATES. "BK70FUN" Operating in Fareham area.

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
.Do not get into a conversation with them. If possible block Motorhome in.
Make a sign for the window either
NOT FOR SALE OR BROKEN DOWN

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Earlier on I had the classic "Oi happened to passing sor (down a cul de sac - yeah), and I wondered if you wanted to sell your motorhome". No prizes for guessing the accent. Aged about 45-50 Medium height, stocky with beer gut, gingerish hair. Driving a recent model white Ford Transit with two black fore and aft wide dark stripes on bonnet. USING FALSE NUMBERPLATES. "BK70FUN" Operating in Fareham area.
Please report to Police even if they do not visit you they will use the Intel and hopefully build a picture of their movements.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Strangely had a visit yesterday, nice bloke from Limerick.

Asked if my MH was for sale so I said yes, but I wanted £50k and it had to be a bank transfer, he asked if he could look in it and I said yes, once you’ve shown me you have £50k.

He explained he wouldn’t pay that much as he’s a dealer and needs to make a profit, I explained that I understood but it was worth £45k and since I wasn’t looking to sell he needed to pay over the odds or move on.

He showed me a picture of a MH he’d bought recently and made £20k on, then simply said “that’s not happening here is it”

“No“ I replied and we bid our goodbyes. It’s entirely possible that he could pop back and nick it, but if he does he have earned it by the time he gets it off the drive

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've had a couple of similar visits over the years.
I think the CCTV puts them off as much as anything as they haven't returned to try to steal the van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back