Rally Chat Warner's Shows - Dates For 2022 (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Perhaps, given their recent arrogant attitude, it would be good to boycott Warners for a year?
Knew that there have been changes for all clubs but wasn't aware of any major issues - is there a thread?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
For info & may be helpful those planning rallies & meets for next year to avoid a clash of dates - Warner's Shows for 2022 are now on their website https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/shows/ . No sign of Stoneleigh or Edinburgh which is a shame.
Perhaps Jim can advise if Fun will have an area at any of these - know this new Newark Fun rally https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/st-georges-day-bash-full.249943/?id=115 is an alternative to the Peterborough Warner's Show.
Thanks for the link, we won't be boycotting shows that we like going to.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
For info & may be helpful those planning rallies & meets for next year to avoid a clash of dates - Warner's Shows for 2022 are now on their website https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/shows/ . No sign of Stoneleigh or Edinburgh which is a shame.
Perhaps Jim can advise if Fun will have an area at any of these - know this new Newark Fun rally https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/st-georges-day-bash-full.249943/?id=115 is an alternative to the Peterborough Warner's Show.

Warners send me booking forms for all of the shows mid October. I then guestimate the numbers/size of the area we will need. When they've done that I'll get them on the calendar. (y)

May 22, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I 678
Exp
Since 2016
The Malvern show was a disappointment to say the least.
There were major problems in getting into the Saturday prepaid entertainment. Campers were kept waiting for over an hour in the cold & rain whilst security checked bags & frisked people for alcohol. Also checked your name against a list as you entered the venue. The doors opened at 7.00 & the last of the campers were not seated till 8.15 approx. The first act started at 7.30, poor chap, his first set was ruined. There were long ques at the bar & the prices were high. Wine £25 for a bottle, £8 glass. Beer £5 pint £3 1/2 Pint . No bins in the camping area.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We stopped going to Warners shows 5 years ago because the standard had dropped.
We went to Norfolk with Fun this year as a way of getting back into motorhoming after 3 years in which our only opportunity to get away was one weekend in January 2020. Because it is just a little show we weren't judgemental and booked for Lincoln but the exhibition area was a major disappointment. We managed to pad out an hour by walking round the stands twice. Can't see us doing another Warners show in the near future unless it gives a stop off on the way between two other places.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
We stopped going to Warners shows 5 years ago because the standard had dropped.
We went to Norfolk with Fun this year as a way of getting back into motorhoming after 3 years in which our only opportunity to get away was one weekend in January 2020. Because it is just a little show we weren't judgemental and booked for Lincoln but the exhibition area was a major disappointment. We managed to pad out an hour by walking round the stands twice. Can't see us doing another Warners show in the near future unless it gives a stop off on the way between two other places.
Yes. The exhibition area wasn't the best.
However the prices in the bar were very low. Do they use different bar providers for each show. Bottle of pinot grigio was only £8 in tje entertainment area which was incredible.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
However the prices in the bar were very low. Do they use different bar providers for each show. Bottle of pinot grigio was only £8 in tje entertainment area which was incredible.
I don't know. We didn't go into any of the bars.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I think that Malvern show ground is in charge of or decide who and what bar is there. It’s different rules for different shows. So I guess the search for booze was down to the show ground

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Well I suppose that's the beauty of choice. You make your own decision based on your own experience? Well, we do, and we don't choose to do all of the shows based on previous experience. But we also don't generalise by suggesting they're all bad.

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
This year we only did two shows.

The Malvern Warner’s show was excellent in our view, The show was busy with traders and the facilities were very good. The funsters field was packed and was very sociable. The tea tent makes a great hub to meet new people.

Apple tree New Forest was the other one. If I had been a punter visiting for the day, I would have demanded my money back. It was more like a garden fete than a motorhome show. If it hadn’t been for the funsters attendance, I’m sure they would have actually lost money. Will never give them another penny.

May 22, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I 678
Exp
Since 2016
Jackd,
Were you referring to the Malvern show held in the summer not the show last weekend. The reason I ask is that the summer (Aug) show is a proper Warner's show, where the October show is predominately a Three counties show. Warner's only administer the tickets & the trade stands, all the other stuff is down to Three counties. I had a long talk with a guy from Warner's, who was very concerned about the issues I raised. He actually phoned me today to give me some initial feed back & is going to talk to Three counties in the next few weeks to discuss the problems. Hopefully things may be better next time.

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
Jackd,
Were you referring to the Malvern show held in the summer not the show last weekend. The reason I ask is that the summer (Aug) show is a proper Warner's show, where the October show is predominately a Three counties show. Warner's only administer the tickets & the trade stands, all the other stuff is down to Three counties. I had a long talk with a guy from Warner's, who was very concerned about the issues I raised. He actually phoned me today to give me some initial feed back & is going to talk to Three counties in the next few weeks to discuss the problems. Hopefully things may be better next time.
The August “Great Western Motorhome show”.

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
I see that the prices for ALL 2022 Warners Motorhome shows have been increased to £70, ("to simplyfy bookings"), less, of course, £2 for club attendees.

I wonder what increases have been put in place for exhibitors for 2022 and how many will be put off attending?

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
We did 2 Warner’s shows. Norfolk and Lincoln. I thought they were both very good. Drinks were reasonable prices in the venues and entertainment was most enjoyable.
As for the hassle encountered by Jim over the warden, only he knows what happened.
We will go to some again in 2022, hopefully with Funsters like this year.
Phil

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We did both the Peterborough and the Malvern shown. Malvern was in the disabled area as it was easier for me. I enjoyed both shows. Not sure if we will do any shows next year.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I see that the prices for ALL 2022 Warners Motorhome shows have been increased to £70, ("to simplyfy bookings"), less, of course, £2 for club attendees.

I wonder what increases have been put in place for exhibitors for 2022 and how many will be put off attending?
Looks like they are trying tto make back the money they lost in 2020.
Given how disappointingly small Lincoln was I can't see us doing any shows.
I see that coach trip prices (where available) have rocketed as well.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
This year we only did two shows.

The Malvern Warner’s show was excellent in our view, The show was busy with traders and the facilities were very good. The funsters field was packed and was very sociable. The tea tent makes a great hub to meet new people.

Apple tree New Forest was the other one. If I had been a punter visiting for the day, I would have demanded my money back. It was more like a garden fete than a motorhome show. If it hadn’t been for the funsters attendance, I’m sure they would have actually lost money. Will never give them another penny.
The Apple Tree ones are nothing to do with Warners at all. They are a much smaller concern. They also do one at Stratford. Most of us only go for the cheap camping in a lovely location and to meet friends.

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Are the funsters attending any shows in 2022 as a club?

Scotsblood

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 194
Exp
Since 2017
Looks like they are trying tto make back the money they lost in 2020.
Given how disappointingly small Lincoln was I can't see us doing any shows.
I see that coach trip prices (where available) have rocketed as well.
I don’t think we should be surprised at any increases, costs are rising rapidly. Filling up with fuel, using gas or electricity are obvious increases and the retail price hikes we are experiencing will all impact sooner or later in just about every area.
Warner’s will be seeing increases from all their suppliers and will pass them on, whether it will put people off is another question.

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
The Apple Tree ones are nothing to do with Warners at all. They are a much smaller concern. They also do one at Stratford. Most of us only go for the cheap camping in a lovely location and to meet friends.
I never suggested they were. Read my post again.
“Warner’s” in the first paragraph
“AppleTree” in the second

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I don’t think we should be surprised at any increases, costs are rising rapidly. Filling up with fuel, using gas or electricity are obvious increases and the retail price hikes we are experiencing will all impact sooner or later in just about every area.
Warner’s will be seeing increases from all their suppliers and will pass them on, whether it will put people off is another question.
I appreciate that. Given that the inflation rate has hit 4.2% (although it is forecast to come down again over coming months because it is affected by abnormally low inflation last year) one wouldn't be surprised at seeing price increases of 4% or 5%. Warners, though, have increased their prices by something like 17%, which seems a wee bit excessive :)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I never suggested they were. Read my post again.
“Warner’s” in the first paragraph
“AppleTree” in the second
Gosh, how aggressive, I’m very good at reading thank you. I gave you a bit of other general info about why funsters go to shows. Never mind. I suppose you’ve not been a member long.

Covid has affected the shows badly Warners as well as Apple Tree but most of us go to meet up with friends old and new.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back