Rally Chat Warner's show restrictions (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Ours for next year are Fun Meets as booking is direct with the campsites so not under the Fun rally licence but as Emmit mentioned above they are open to all & as always newbies can be assured of a warm welcome too :)
We are all very lucky to have volunteers that organise & run rallies as know how much more work they are & what great value camping they are for Funsters (y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
all these mini sub events outside the main format of the forum.

When I hear of people who have met each other through motorhomefun, become friends and subsequently meet up outside of it, it genuinely warms my cockles. I love that and would encourage it.

As for the rallies, all of those rally organisers and rallies you mention are 'official', open to all and not outside the forum.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
scottie As far as I know, all the rallies are listed in the rallies section of the forum and advertised on threads that are open to everyone. I am not sure why you are calling them mini sub events as they are Fun rallies in every sense of the words.
To be honest I think that it was down to simply a bad choice of words rather than implying any exclusivity

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
To be honest I think that it was down to simply a bad choice of words rather than implying any exclusivity
I understood what was meant and didn't think there was any implication of it being 'restricted' to certain parties, it just shows how difficult it can be sometimes to elicit the exact meaning from posts which will vary depending on how people 'read' and react to them.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
It might also be just as well to point out that these rallies and meets are usually limited to numbers and are rarely as big as the "Show" meets. Inevitably the "regulars" are aware of them and get in quick when they are first advertised, which might give some folk the impression that they are somehow "exclusive" when they try to book in, which of course is NOT the case.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
It might also be just as well to point out that these rallies and meets are usually limited to numbers and are rarely as big as the "Show" meets. Inevitably the "regulars" are aware of them and get in quick when they are first advertised, which might give some folk the impression that they are somehow "exclusive" when they try to book in, which of course is NOT the case.
In the case of rallies run by me, EVERYBODY on Fun gets one weeks notice prior to the opening of accepting names to attend the event of the event itself.

I'll go further. I have already posted on the 'Rally Planning' section of Fun the dates of the five rallies we are running next year. In addition, I have already indicated in broad terms when the publication of the events will take place.

Other than writing to each Funster individually to inform them of the event and when I will accept names for attendance, I fear there is little more I can do.

It may not be a surprise that it would appear that the same Funsters attend rallies but I would suggest that the reason for that is because they are regular watchers of the forum. In addition, it is possible to 'follow' a Funster online so that when they post up an invitation to an event, you are informed via the fun site.

I am proud to say that many places at our events are regularly occupied by 'newbies'. That is testament to way our rallies are published.

Regards

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I understood what was meant and didn't think there was any implication of it being 'restricted' to certain parties, it just shows how difficult it can be sometimes to elicit the exact meaning from posts which will vary depending on how people 'read' and react to them.
I’m still “reacting to your elderly and leaky Karcher

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Refuse a complimentary marshals ticket and then demand payment . Great way to lose around £45000 in yearly profit. It’s amazing how one individual decision can have drastic repercussions for a company .
30 of us at lunch in chester they asked £2 for an extra jug of gravey none of us had a dessert or another drink probably lost over £200 for the sake of 10ps worth of gravy granules

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
In the case of rallies run by me, EVERYBODY on Fun gets one weeks notice prior to the opening of accepting names to attend the event of the event itself.

I'll go further. I have already posted on the 'Rally Planning' section of Fun the dates of the five rallies we are running next year. In addition, I have already indicated in broad terms when the publication of the events will take place.

Other than writing to each Funster individually to inform them of the event and when I will accept names for attendance, I fear there is little more I can do.

It may not be a surprise that it would appear that the same Funsters attend rallies but I would suggest that the reason for that is because they are regular watchers of the forum. In addition, it is possible to 'follow' a Funster online so that when they post up an invitation to an event, you are informed via the fun site.

I am proud to say that many places at our events are regularly occupied by 'newbies'. That is testament to way our rallies are published.

Regards
ive always found it better when the organisers post a new thread to announce the opening of the final lists i read the forum via the whats new tab and often skip rallies as three pages of who else has booked is tedious reading im not bothered who else is going as people you dont know are friends youve yet to meet

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
ive always found it better when the organisers post a new thread to announce the opening of the final lists i read the forum via the whats new tab and often skip rallies as three pages of who else has booked is tedious reading im not bothered who else is going as people you dont know are friends youve yet to meet
I don’t think that there is ever a solution that will please everyone

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Surely if somebody is putting in all the effort to organise a rally then it is their choice as to how they publicise it, so long as it is done within Fun rules. I'm sure Jim would act if rules were broken.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back