Rally Chat Warner's show restrictions (1 Viewer)

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I have been asked to make clear that movements between general camping and the Fun area at future shows will not be allowed under any circumstances. We have had two new people who have 'been told" by Funsters to ask on arrival and Warner's will move them. They asked and we're refused, causing disappointment for those involved, but also difficult conversations between Warner's staff who have tried to help out in the past and their own management. We really shouldn't be causing stress for those on the ground.
No finger pointing to anyone on here, but please do not advise people to simply turn up and ask, and certainly do not post this within a thread. Any booking alterations must be agreed with Warner's head office staff via the sales phone number.

Many thanks. ... Robin

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Always said for years we could hold an annual event and maybe smaller traders would attend. 👍👍. Go for it..

Stafford showground,close enough for TW and Go European to sponsor 👍

must type quicker😀

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Maybe Westpoint, Exeter. Off season at River Dart Country Park?

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Extreme Sorf for me 🤭
It’s really, really hot down here Diane you’d love it, even I take my fleece off occasionally, well one of them!

Most of us go to the shows to meet up with people rather than buy stuff so I don’t think we’d miss Warners, I think that’s why so many of us have enjoyed the Appletree ones despite there being nothing there other than Funsters.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
As I said elsewhere this was the only time ever where the first gate marshal checked my numberplate against the ticket in the windscreen and didn’t wave us in before she had.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I have worked that showground for 30 years great spot that has a tram system close to it now as well.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We promote Warners shows a lot here and around 750 of us pay them £60 a weekend. so I thought we had a pretty good mutual understanding but I got frustrated with Warners last week. I'll set the scene.

Marshal allocation at Warners is a little strange, if you take just 5 ralliers you get a free Marshal slot. Then there is a scale; 20 ralliers you get 2 marshals, 40 ralliers you get 3, 80 ralliers you get 4. etc

I'd allocated three marshals for the almost 70 ralliers attending Shepton, sent Warners the names and they had refunded them their pitch fees.

Then I got an email from Emmit, saying, I'm not on the list, you told me I could marshal Shepton, and he was marshalling a follow on rally. Bugger, Warner bookings were closed so we were stuck.

So I dropped a line to Warners explaining my predicament.

Hi Sally,

I’ve messed up, I’ve just been reminded that I previously agreed for someone to Marshal at Shepton. Thing is, that was in April and I forgot all about it.

I have already passed three names to Kathy and she has refunded them. Could I add a Marshal to our setup, I’m happy to pay a full price ticket for him. I don’t want to let him down as he does so much for the club.

If you could help extricate me from this one I’d appreciate it.

Regards

Jim

I got this reply the next day
Hi Jim

This does cause us a bit of problem as there will be more marshals in the area than allowed. However, on this occasion we can help you out and organise the pass for you.

Can you let me know their full details and your phone so that I can add to the system and get someone to call you for payment.

Many thanks.

Kathy
Now I don't know what "problem" that extra marshal causes, but it does apparently. And while I did offer to pay, given our relationship I thought they'd only be too happy to help.

Then a few days later they threatened to pull Emmit's tickets with this email..

Hi Jim, I hope you are well.

My colleague has tired a couple of time to contact you for payment for the additional pitch, but has been unsuccessful in contacting you. Could you please give us a call so that we can organise the payment and the ticket. Unfortunately if no payment is made by close of today (Tuesday) then we wont be able to leave a pass for Mr Booth.

Many thanks.

Kathy

What a bloody cheek, like I can't be trusted to owe them £50.

Hi Kathy

Sorry about that. I’m not trying to avoid paying, I offered to pay if you recall, I did get a voice mail, but Ive just been too busy and struggled during office hours to return the call.

Frankly though, I thought motorhomeFuns’s relationship with Warners was a little stronger than giving me deadlines like that. I bring many hundreds of ralliers to your shows every year, and right now I’m thinking that Lincoln might be our last show for a while.

I will make the call with a credit card before midday today

Kind regards

Jim

Last edited:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
We promote Warners shows a lot here and around 750 of us pay them £60 a weekend. so I thought we had a pretty good mutual understanding but I got frustrated with Warners last week. I'll set the scene.

Marshal allocation at Warners is a little strange, if you take just 5 ralliers you get a free Marshal slot. Then there is a scale; 20 ralliers you get 2 marshals, 40 ralliers you get 3, 80 ralliers you get 4. etc

I'd allocated three marshals for the almost 70 ralliers attending Shepton, sent Warners the names and they had refunded them their pitch fees.

Then I got an email from Emmit, saying, I'm not on the list, you told me I could marshal Shepton, and he was marshalling a follow on rally. Bugger, Warner bookings were closed so we were stuck.

Now I don't know what "problem" that extra marshal causes, but it does apparently. And while I did offer to pay, given our relationship I thought they'd only be too happy to help.

Jim i can see why you’d be p****d off especially given the amount of “extra” attendees they get per show through Fun and being picky over a Marshall 🤷‍♂️

I do enjoy the shows as we see a lot of Funsters and the entertainment in the evening.

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G

I was in contact with emmit ref this weekends show and he mentioned an error with bookings. Nothing more but I was under the impression he was marshalling event. I don’t understand there comments ref extra marshals as a van is a van and extra help must be helping the event and looks like the folk who volunteers are worth there weight in gold to the club and event. What does annoy me is I’m sat at home now as due to Alex kids dad being a let down, we’re not able to attend. My tickets paid for and as it’s causing problems I’m not going to give it away/sell. They have the cheek to complain/moan about extra money… if it wasn’t for clubs and people prepared to be marshals they would need loads of extra staff. When you look at posts from other events about “keep alert folks some dodgy looking people in a transit van have parked up and jumped fence and are looking dodgy” from marshals that security didn’t spot…. It makes you wonder!! They don’t know what work clubs and marshals put into the general vibe of there event which actually make people return time after time.
With what I see on this forum an event/multiple events could be organised. Loads of people that care, loads of experience and a few events could easily be done. And I’m sure they would be 100% amazing. All the best

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back