Warm Welcome At Parc Verger ?. (2 Viewers)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I looked for PV on my campercontact app but couldn't find it,

Just looked on the app and it is listed as Camping Parc Verger ,

sitecode 13573

I will upload a couple of photos and review

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cobweb

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
At last a reply from Parc Verger ...thanks for the explanation . I know from personal experience that years of dealing with the public can take its toll .
All I can say is that having experienced the very laid back approach to campsite receptions and opening times we did not expect anything so quite so regimented . Anyway we wish you both a happy retirement and the new owners the very best of luck .

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I looked for PV on my campercontact app but couldn't find it, but it is on their website. It needs photographs and some reviews in English if anyone is going there.

http://www.campercontact.com/en/fra...73/motorhome-parking-camping-parc-verger.aspx

My app is up to date so I don't know why I can't find it with the search facility. However, I haven't looked for it on the map.
Have you tried searching on the app using the site code from the website?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just looked on the app and it is listed as Camping Parc Verger ,

sitecode 13573

I will upload a couple of photos and review
Found it now! The box on the right "City" was ticked. Doh!

And thanks for adding the pictures. I've noticed unlike reviews these seem to appear immediately, which is a bit odd. Someone could upload something most unsuitable!

Screenshot_2015-06-07-15-31-04.png

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Should have used http://www.searchforsites.co.uk it's on there!
It's useful to have an alternative to camper contact but the database of that site for this region of Spain is a bit thin. We are off to Albarracin tomorrow and CC shows both a site and an aire there. The searchfor site shows neither but it may be better elsewhere. I don't think there is one perfect source, a bit like guide books, you need several.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
It's useful to have an alternative to camper contact but the database of that site for this region of Spain is a bit thin. We are off to Albarracin tomorrow and CC shows both a site and an aire there. The searchfor site shows neither but it may be better elsewhere. I don't think there is one perfect source, a bit like guide books, you need several.

There is def a ACSI site there. Quite nice, clean loo's etc and decent meals available at the site bar. I would have no problem of recommending the site.

The town is lovely and well worth the time spent exploring it.

Behind the site there is a regular show of Vultures, but not 100% sure whether black or Griffin. (y)

Reactions: DBK

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Just wondering... what did the note say?
JJ :cool:

KEEP OUT ------Trespassers will be shot.:eek::eek::imoutahere:

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Love the idea, but we're not quite there yet! There are two notices at the top of the drive asking visitors to report to reception (one by a STOP sign), and a bell push on the door of reception saying "please push for warden" in English and French. We want to be welcoming yet maintain security for our guests. Not sure how we make it clearer - maybe by the stop sign we could park a tank.....would a pink tank look welcoming yet emphasis security? All suggestions will be welcome and passed on to Franc and Lisa.
Bob
www.parcverger.com

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The best camp security we've come across on this trip was at Aguilas. They gave you a key fob thing which you had to touch on a pad in order to open either the vehicle or the pedestrian gates. It was impossible to enter the site without the fob so no one could just wander in. Another couple of sites used automatic number plate recognition where the barrier would only lift if the machine recognised the vehicle. Pedestrians or cyclists of course could go round this so it wasn't perfect.

But of course this thread isn't about security but something different entirely. :)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Posts like this can be very harmful to any business, was this post really necessary in the light that you have a very vague account of what went on. "You appear to have flaunted the site rules".

Surely if you were not happy with the actions of the site representative then take it up with them not make an attempt to damage the name of the site for your own gung-ho attitude to site rules.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cobweb

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I thought that I had made my last response . We were not on site for more than a minute when the lady came out . We probably would have got around to reading the note if we had had more time. Time to put this to rest now .

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Love the idea, but we're not quite there yet! There are two notices at the top of the drive asking visitors to report to reception (one by a STOP sign), and a bell push on the door of reception saying "please push for warden" in English and French. We want to be welcoming yet maintain security for our guests. Not sure how we make it clearer - maybe by the stop sign we could park a tank.....would a pink tank look welcoming yet emphasis security? All suggestions will be welcome and passed on to Franc and Lisa.
Bob
www.parcverger.com
Bob and Di the only suggestion I would make is:

Don't change anything (y):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread