"WARDENS" They who must be obeyed" (1 Viewer)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
The last campsite warden I knew was a prison warden before the campsite, says it all really!
I'm answering my own post here!
The above was on a private site where we have just done 3 seasons of cleaning, it is a big site and we thought it would be good if we 'helped' in other ways but we got in more trouble with the warden than it was worth! Seems he wanted to be the 'big cheese' he even excluded the owner from almost everything!
We still helped people but didn't let him know that!
I have met 'snooty' CC wardens too and the amount of wardens, private and club sites, that look well & truly fed up and miserable!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A couple years ago we purchased a tugger from a dealer, first trip out to Morn Hill CC site the main solenoid switch failed so no fridge or hot water, it was bank holiday so most places closed, asked the wardens for advice and they had no idea what to do. Next day a strong gas smell, the valve was leaking badly (so much for the pre-delivery check!) again asked for some assistance from the wardens as I did not have the tools "sorry we can't touch the gas, we are not insured". No help, no advice and no compassion being we had two young children 80 miles from home with no heating, water or means of cooking.
Turns out thanks to Google a dealer was 5 miles down the road, got the bits and fitted them myself so the weekend turned out ok but the one thing I have learnt is don't bother asking wardens for help.

On the flip side, this year somewhere in Devon we got well stuck** on a CCC site
Within minutes two wardens came over and offered us lots of help.. One went off and borrowed a tractor to get us up the hill.

This year we got stuck repeatedly.. Same thing happened on a private site and the owner just watched us struggle. Eventually a woman came over and offered to tow us out with her 4 x 4 van
Cannot wait for the bloody tyres to wear out so I can get something decent on the front !! Mich Camper tyres are useless on everything except good solid tarmac !!
Avon or Hankook are the way to go.. They seem to grip like poo to a wedding dress even in deep mud !

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
I'm answering my own post here!
The above was on a private site where we have just done 3 seasons of cleaning, it is a big site and we thought it would be good if we 'helped' in other ways but we got in more trouble with the warden than it was worth! Seems he wanted to be the 'big cheese' he even excluded the owner from almost everything!
We still helped people but didn't let him know that!
I have met 'snooty' CC wardens too and the amount of wardens, private and club sites, that look well & truly fed up and miserable!

Some of the nicest people I know are or have been Prison Officers, Policemen and Servicemen...

It's not the job that makes people obnoxious but the person themselves...

Former Senior Officer Wires, ex Pentonville...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

froghopper43

Free Member
Jun 5, 2015
winchester
Funster No
MH
renault machzone high top
Exp
since 1998
Oh how Ilove this site and the wide range of people and ccomments you get.. I was in the CC years ago. Over the years I was doing up an old commer with a body like an old bread van. As Few times i was refused entry as not pretty to look at. As the weeks went by and it started to have its paint finished Igot less moans.. Then iIwent to the site near Leek. Parked up. Where told. Between 2 tuggers with palaces. Awnings gold plated tent pegs and the rest.. After awhile the warder Came over. And asked if I would like to move pitches.. It sseems the tuggers asked him to ask me.. I was showing them up... I sat and played music. I left club after that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back