"WARDENS" They who must be obeyed" (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Never had a problem with RVs or eurovan on CC sites, give em a good afternoon with a smile, no problem, perhaps its just my natural charm and good looks :whistle2:
They deal with our silly questions , collect our rubbish, keep our lawns and hedges neat and tidy , never had a bad one (y) and the sites are better than most available.

PS perhaps 2nd Home Secretary or Pitch Co ordinator, but maybe General Dogsbody .

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I always answer these CC Warden threads in the same way ,in the 20 yrs we have been camping ,caravanning and motorhoming we have never had a problem with wardens .They have always been very helpful with us,and we always use the CC sites.treat them as you expect to be treated.As Jim has said you try walking a mile in their wellies and see how you get on .We have seen some wardens taking some terrible abuse.I would say it's a very difficult job .
Brian & Jo
Hear ,hear, if you are an a*****e with an attitude you will get what you deserve ...period !!!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hear ,hear, if you are an a*****e with an attitude you will get what you deserve ...period !!!

Nice to know you think I am an arsehole..
Let me buy you a beer at the next meet and you can tell me why you think that (y)

And it is strange that we get on so well with the folk who run CCC sites and private sites..
Perhaps the CC wardens have that well known third eye and can see me for what I really am ! ;)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Nice to know you think I am an arsehole..
Let me buy you a beer at the next meet and you can tell me why you think that (y)

And it is strange that we get on so well with the folk who run CCC sites and private sites..
Perhaps the CC wardens have that well known third eye and can see me for what I really am ! ;)
Look forward to the beer jaws...

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
no worries :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Likewise, although we don't use sites very often, when we have we have never had a problem on any, whereas on CC sites the warden is out gunning for you before you have got out the cab, they appear to hate Motorhomes.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We have used s number of CC sites since we started motorhoming 14 months ago and we have absolutely no problems. All the wardens we have met have been very helpful and made our stays very pleasant

Human nature being what it is, if you enter the reception smiling and engage with them, they are fine. If they are busy looking after another member and you stand their sighing, rolling eyes, scowling, tapping feet etc then they respond accordingly.

As my Granny used to say..."civility costs nothing"..(y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
As my Granny used to say..."civility costs nothing"..(y)

Very very true. I always bounce in cracking any joke I can come up with and if you can get them to smile it's made their day a whole lot better and they'll do the same for you.

We may have had a grumpy one in the last 9 years but nothing really. Only one I can think of was a Scottish know-it-all working on a little Spanish site. He told me off for filling the water tank. "You can't fill your water unless you stay 5 days". I was too knackered to react so played along with him and found out all their fresh water came by tanker at huge cost, if he'd said that instead of a blunt "don't do that" all would have been OK, an attitude problem.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It's the hat. Warden is thinking "who does he think he is John Stead and I suppose that's Mrs Peel, right, game on."

Well Stead is a big step up from the other one I get called when wearing it.. Oddjob !!

Reactions: GJH

Deleted User
Never had any problems with them, always polite and friendly when we check in. Can't say generally have much other contract other than hello as they pass. Last visit to York they were dressed as Elvis and extremely jovial at check in. :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Likewise, although we don't use sites very often, when we have we have never had a problem on any, whereas on CC sites the warden is out gunning for you before you have got out the cab, they appear to hate Motorhomes.
Of the CC sites we've stayed at I reckon there have been as many motorhomes as caravans parked at the wardens' own accommodation. On that basis I don't think they all hate motorhomes :)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Of the CC sites we've stayed at I reckon there have been as many motorhomes as caravans parked at the wardens' own accommodation. On that basis I don't think they all hate motorhomes :)

Noooo.. just motorhomers !!! ( self loathing is something I suspect a lot of 'em suffer from and they take it out on everyone else ! )

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Have stayed on lots of CC sites and enjoy the clean tidy facilities and have only once had a warden mention we were parked the wrong way round( continental MH) I apologised and said we had just followed the huge Hymer van next door! She said it would be okay to leave it as that was the assistant wardens MH!LOL ! Now adays as long as we park close to the number post they don't seem to mind it is also safer to drive out of a plot then reverse on a busy site! Much praise for the wardens as they do a fantastic job I am appalled at the disgusting mess some people leave the toilets and washing sinks in ( do they do that at home?!)

OP
OP
Littlewheels
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Hmmn,though we've gone off topic slightly a number of respectical suggestions
have been forthcoming, I quite like Site Manager with the assistants being Rangers,it's nice to know who's in charge and a Ranger sounds much more relaxed than Warden.

Personally I have only ever had words with one CC operative !! I think they do a splendid job as I said it's the Title I don't like.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
How about General Factotum ? The first bit panders to their ego and the second bit tell everyone else what they actually are.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
I have met a few grumpy ones but the majority are great. Agree with ScotlandJim Re Ledaig. Wardens went out of their way to help us get filled up with water. Our hire van had no means of filling up but the guys there sorted us out with a smile.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well the worst we met were at Brighton

been there three times and every time disliked the buggers ( and the people I was with on two occasions said they would never go back there )

Yet I know a few folk who go there and reckon they ( the wardens ) are lovely people..
I suppose when it comes right down to it, not everyone likes everyone else, not everyone 'gets' where others are 'coming from'.. everyone has bad hair days, no one is perfect ( except me of course ! LOL !! )
I guess maybe what has been postulated elsewhere is proly correct.. Maybe my attitude is too flippant for them.. maybe my smile does not fit, maybe they dislike folk with a London accent .. Maybe I really am an arsehole after all ! ( but one that seems to have no probs with 99.9 % of camp site keepers across Europe, just CC employees :) )

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Luckily, we have only stayed on one CC campsite in the UK in the last 30 years. That was at Winchester and the Obersturmbannführer watched me park the caravan then told us we had to move over a foot next to the peg.
I vowed never to use their sites again and didn't renew my membership. Now we are C&CC members ( cheap insurance for the motorhome) and we used a CL last year at Caerleon in that Wales. ( Whitehall Farm, brilliant site and lots or Roman stuff in the town)
No warden, just a very helpful friendly owner. Thoroughly recommended site and a lovely town.
I remembered it rained though.......

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I was told off actually I was shouted at by an irate warden because I had filled my water tank at the wrong place, I hadn't read the leaflet I didn't take kindly to being shouted at :p

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
So which are the WORST CC or C&CC or are there others? I belong to none of them, but was thinking it might be useful to do so. The thought of paying out a sum of money to enable me to spend a load more, to get upset by someone does not fit well with me, are the advantage of belonging to either outweigh the down sides.

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
A couple years ago we purchased a tugger from a dealer, first trip out to Morn Hill CC site the main solenoid switch failed so no fridge or hot water, it was bank holiday so most places closed, asked the wardens for advice and they had no idea what to do. Next day a strong gas smell, the valve was leaking badly (so much for the pre-delivery check!) again asked for some assistance from the wardens as I did not have the tools "sorry we can't touch the gas, we are not insured". No help, no advice and no compassion being we had two young children 80 miles from home with no heating, water or means of cooking.
Turns out thanks to Google a dealer was 5 miles down the road, got the bits and fitted them myself so the weekend turned out ok but the one thing I have learnt is don't bother asking wardens for help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back