Wanting to meet/talk to other Travelling people. (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
There are a lot of full timers on MHF . I'm sure some will come along soon.
There's a section on the forum I think too.
Your coach looks fab BTW.
I thought you were in the process of doing it. Not that you'd finished . Is that a loo with a view I can see? Next to the cream sofa? That looks like it's in a great position opposite your wood burning stove !
Who ever did your leather seats looks like they did an excellent job too. It all looks very nice. :clap2:

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
It looks fab.....any idea on total costs?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
There are a lot of full timers on MHF . I'm sure some will come along soon.
There's a section on the forum I think too.
Your coach looks fab BTW.
I thought you were in the process of doing it. Not that you'd finished . Is that a loo with a view I can see? Next to the cream sofa? That looks like it's in a great position opposite your wood burning stove !
Who ever did your leather seats looks like they did an excellent job too. It all looks very nice. :clap2:
Its no where near finished. Just the basics in. The shower\ toilet still in build. Will take 6 months I think. Thanks for comments

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Incredible. Just think if you went to a builder "I want this......" probably in Germany. "Yes Sir that will be €900,000, cash in advance".

Your real problem is how to do it justice ( ha ha ), it's saying "I want to take 10 years going round the world".

You will suffer with where to park up but with the size of your balls you'll laugh that off.

PS It will be a nice little earner giving conducted tours, £5 simple, £15 with champers and a little biscuit with a blob of something on.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
That's not bad. Very Cliff Richard of you. :clap2::beerchug:

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Hey if some would pay, I would sing... Then they would pay for me to stop! Its a short wheel base. Only 28 ft long. Fits in 2 supermarket bays with space left. Has a full lock turning circle too. I hope positives outweighs negatives!

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Fabulous job (y) but you may find the majority of full timers
th_hiding.gif

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi. Nice conversion going on there. I will not let Colin see it as that will start him off again!

We are recent fulltimers. Took the plung last July but couldn't start travelling until Decmeber. We are in a Morocco at the moment and learning quickly. Only been here 3 days and we are now driving into the middle of Marrakech to stop on an aire for a few days.

As Hilldweller so eloquently put it, you need a certain amount of balls but not that big!

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Nothing fears me. To have fear is insanity as it does not exist, same as worry. I can't about what may never be. I will take each challengeDon't know if Morocco is on my list but who knows!

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
No. The actual weight is 5.5 ton but plate 7.5ton down graded from original 13 ton!
It is due to fibreglass roof front and back, side lower aluminium. Deceptive I know

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
no way you stay here where the natives are almost all friendly. Those who do chuck spears mak sure they are blunt, hee hee

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
I didn't have time to put all pictures on. I got Santa's elves to help! 6 months to get it finished

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
No. The actual weight is 5.5 ton but plate 7.5ton down graded from original 13 ton!
Downplated from 13t......and it actually weighs 5.5t u/l.

Sorry, that just isnt possible.
That means a payload of 7500kg when at is original 13t gross weight.

How did you determine 5.5t ?

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
WOW !!!! That is some project that's bearing fruit. I take my hat off to you. Great job so far. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Downplated from 13t......and it actually weighs 5.5t u/l.

Sorry, that just isnt possible.
That means a payload of 7500kg when at is original 13t gross weight.

How did you determine 5.5t ?
It was originally made to carry 13ton. Unladen was 6.5 ton. I emtied out a couple of ton of seats, steel and aluminum then added my things. I had a reweigh through vosa and the unladen weight is now 5.5 ton. The maximum it can now carry is 7.5ton. Hope that is easier?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Ok justice.......

Next question.

Is it registered as a 'Private heavy goods vehicle' with the classification 'motorcaravan' or is the V5 still bus/coach/psv.

The reason i ask is a recent DVSA requirement is it MUST look like a motorhome from the outside.
it looks like a coach with dark tint glass in your pictures.

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Ok justice.......

Next question.

Is it registered as a 'Private heavy goods vehicle' with the classification 'motorcaravan' or is the V5 still bus/coach/psv.

The reason i ask is a recent DVSA requirement is it MUST look like a motorhome from the outside.
it looks like a coach with dark tint glass in your pictures.
Neither. It is PHG but has classification of "specially adapted vehicle. You are right about the windows. They said it would need to look like one to get motorhome on logbook. I don't mind it is what it is.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hi JUSTICE.. That is a fabulous looking thing !! That really is the way to travel.. Mobile luxury and comfort.. I take my hat off to you and you are so right about fear, BUT I assume you are "fairly" young ?? I find as I get "less young" that I am more aware of the 'possible' dangers I may find in the environment I am about to enter and that I take precautions I deem necessary.. The world even 10 or 15 years ago was not the one we live in today and there are a lot more 'rogues' and "scrotes"out there with their beady little envious eyes on what we spent years of hard dangerous work accruing..
I am sure I am not the only one on "FUN" who would be VERY interested to see more pics as you proceed with that superb "project" !!!! Please keep us posted..
PS. What engine does it have ?? Is it the Dennis ?? If so that is a VERY strong engine..
All the best. Mitch.. (y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
I am really young. Birthday in 10 days I think? Years on planet 47. Age in brain only 21. As I get older I fear less. After I got some answers on life, reincarnation, it all became clear.
The engine is a powerful 6.3l and due to power to weight ratio gets 30mpg on runs so I'm happy. Can't wait til all done. Not happy with back end so taking all out and moving around. Have overhead lockers to build. Goes on hey!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back