Wanting to meet/talk to other Travelling people. (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Good man. You are your own best critic and standard setter.. Great engine, it must have high gearing to give you 30 mpg, thats very good !!
I was at my peak when I was between 40 and 55.. I was born in 47 and am now about 45 in my mind.. Happy birthday for 10 days time mate..
I have a friend who built his own camper van on a German military MAN diesel truck, 19 tonne all up.. and he is still making ""Adjustments"" 10 years later !! I should imagine that the beauty of a self build, is that you know exactly where every cable, nut, bolt and pipe go and what they do.. A definite advantage over those of us who drive "ready made's"...
Mitch.
PS A big welcome to the "Fun" site..

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Crikey you have done a nice job.

Please post pics when its all finished(y)

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
[QUOTE="jenny and mitch, Great engine, it must have high gearing to give you 30 mpg, thats "QUOTE]
Yes 6 gears although I really use 1st. Sits at 60mph at 2k revs. I did buy 2 the other was too big. Full size coaches have too many negatives and the extra space didn't swing it for me. I think I will own this for as long as I can. Sort of grown on me. You are right about knowing everything about it. Every wire and hose! It helps on long trips I think. I got towed back day I bought it due to a hose off with no water. Only too breakdown out 2 days before! Bet they loved me!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Be interesting to see the unladen weight AFTER the project is finished.

At what point did you have it weighed previously......fully stripped and ready to rebuild ?

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
When I bought it it as a fully seated coach it was only six and half ton unladen. That's why I bought this version. Obviously made to carry 35 people and there luggage and it holds 1 ton of fuel! That's why it had a maximum 13 ton. I took out everything not needed from steel panels in and out. Over a ton of aluminium which I weighed in as well as all the seats which were 60kg per double! The leaf springs went so high each leaf had over an inch space. Made it easy to protect with rustkill wax protect. Then I built it near to as it was and it weighed 5.5ton on vosa reweigh. They said to set the maximum to 7500kg even though I would fill it that much just allowed me not to worry. Which bit don't you get? The fact that it was unladen at 6.5ton with Max of 13ton or that it is down rated to 5.5ton with Max of 7.5?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Did Cliff have an PSV licence ?

I hope so, there is photographic evidence of him driving a bus!
CR.jpg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I second the comments made by others, it looks very neat. I have seen one or two converted buses but nothing so swish.

Are you going to call it "Justice Bus" ?

(Just His Bus - if I have to spell it out for the hard of hearing) :)

OP
OP
Justice

Justice

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
I second the comments made by others, it looks very neat. I have seen one or two converted buses but nothing so swish.

Are you going to call it "Justice Bus" ?

(Just His Bus - if I have to spell it out for the hard of hearing) :)
No she would be offended! Her name is Denise. Justice is my name really.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back