wanting to book a holiday campsite in france for 2020 (1 Viewer)

Drexel

Free Member
Jul 14, 2019
Co Kerry Ireland
Funster No
MH
hymer starline680
Exp
im a newbie
as title says ,and im needing something suitable for children ,we have 3 going with us and 2 adults also were traveling from Ireland so will be sailing into roscoff so ideally id say the Atlantic coast area would be best ,can any one recommend a campsite that would be great for keeping a family entertained and i like to not have to move the camper once settled on site so hopefully transport or walking distance even if long to shops ,if anyone has experience would be great because id like to book as soon as possible and its over 20 years since we last went on a camping holiday in France

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Camping Domaine De Bernezac at St Palais sur Mer.
2 minute walk from the beach. 10 minute walk from the centre of St Palais sur Mer and the bus stops outside the site for Royan one way and La Palmyre zoo the other.

OP
OP
Drexel

Drexel

Free Member
Jul 14, 2019
Co Kerry Ireland
Funster No
MH
hymer starline680
Exp
im a newbie
looks good (Camping Domaine De Bernezac at St Palais sur Mer) but wanting to find a site with a pool and has much kids activities as possible because once there happy my life becomes easier

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
as title says ,and im needing something suitable for children ,we have 3 going with us and 2 adults also were traveling from Ireland so will be sailing into roscoff so ideally id say the Atlantic coast area would be best ,can any one recommend a campsite that would be great for keeping a family entertained and i like to not have to move the camper once settled on site so hopefully transport or walking distance even if long to shops ,if anyone has experience would be great because id like to book as soon as possible and its over 20 years since we last went on a camping holiday in France

What time of year?

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
any time in summer holidays from beginning of June has schools in ireland are closed from then

Until when? Many sites will be full during early-July to mid August. Prices nearly halved in the week commencing 18th of August in the Dordogne area - and the number of campers reduced too. Other areas may differ but June would probably be relatively quiet with lots of options.

OP
OP
Drexel

Drexel

Free Member
Jul 14, 2019
Co Kerry Ireland
Funster No
MH
hymer starline680
Exp
im a newbie
Until when? Many sites will be full during early-July to mid August. Prices nearly halved in the week commencing 18th of August in the Dordogne area - and the number of campers reduced too. Other areas may differ but June would probably be relatively quiet with lots of options.
well my ideal time would be beginning of June for 14 nights also i have an awning that i would need to erect ,id prefer to go at beginning of school holidays so has to be able to do a few more local days away during the rest of the summer in Ireland,we only recently got the camper but made great use of it and with keeping the kids happy we had a great holiday at a haven site in caister on sea

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I'm not experienced with France in mid-June but unless others say differently, I'd wait until much closer to the time before booking - with a camper, you'd have the option of going down to Spain or the Med if the weather isn't great on the Atlantic coast. I don't think that the sites will be fully booked in mid-June.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I would take a look at the sites that Eurocamp and similar use. They are usually very family friendly and of course not only for Eurocamp customers !
Also try searching on the Camping Card website you may even find discounts with the camping card (ACSI) are available early June. I think you can search on the website and put in specific parameters,

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We used to go to the St Jean de Monts, St Hilaire de Riez area , Loire Atlantique , in June for years when the children were young. Lots of campsites with pools and childrens clubs, long sandy beaches and the sea isn’t as rough as further South. It did seem to have it’s own micro climate. Not perhaps the prettiest area inland but great fun for the sort of holiday you’re asking about. They loved it, they are very well travelled and have been to allsorts of exotic places with us and with friends but those camping holidays are the ones they seem to have loved the most!

Aug 7, 2015
Highlands
Funster No
We have been to Benodet a few times. Camping Du Letty to be precise. Indoor pool and Outdoor water park close to beach. Enjoyed a couple of weeks there.
There does seem to be quite a few similar sites in the area - google camping Benodet.

OP
OP
Drexel

Drexel

Free Member
Jul 14, 2019
Co Kerry Ireland
Funster No
MH
hymer starline680
Exp
im a newbie
the Camping Du Letty looks very interesting so far ,im going to keep looking at moment but that one seems very nice some of the suggestions look great but when i search their sites they dont seem to accommodate motor homes ,or am i not checking correctly

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Try yello village grand pines lacarnau good way south past bordeaux but on massive beach with surfing great site kids pool also adults zen pool

OP
OP
Drexel

Drexel

Free Member
Jul 14, 2019
Co Kerry Ireland
Funster No
MH
hymer starline680
Exp
im a newbie
Try yello village grand pines lacarnau good way south past bordeaux but on massive beach with surfing great site kids pool also adults zen pool
this site looks perfect so far but havent been able to check availability or price as all options say not available at moment ,recon could be a bit early for next year but its still giving me a kids something to check out

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
We used to go to the St Jean de Monts, St Hilaire de Riez area , Loire Atlantique , in June for years when the children were young. Lots of campsites with pools and childrens clubs, long sandy beaches and the sea isn’t as rough as further South. It did seem to have it’s own micro climate. Not perhaps the prettiest area inland but great fun for the sort of holiday you’re asking about. They loved it, they are very well travelled and have been to allsorts of exotic places with us and with friends but those camping holidays are the ones they seem to have loved the most!

there are a couple of haven sites in st jeans de monts, with plenty of childrens entertainment, however the main childrens entertainment normally coincides with uk holidays - late july through to mid/late august.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back