Free Member
Sep 9, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
After reading lots of threads where folk seem to hate generators it stands to reason that there must be loads of little used ones for sale!

Now then...everyone says the Honda is streaks ahead of the rest. So, (be sensible now) does anyone have a 2.0i suitcase Honda in good condition for sale at a reasonable price?

We live in Dorset and can collect and pay cash (not tooooo much cash) if not to far away. You can pm me by all means or post on here....I will consider any reasonable proposition.

Fanks...

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
A 2.0i ......I've one in a Honda accord lying round the back :p

If there's 2 people with spare Honda generators cheap il take dibs on the second one :)

TheDentons

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
I have an ex1000

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Since having a Battery to Battery charger system fitted we don't use our genny on the road at all, but it's just too useful to sell. Rural Wales has plenty of power-outs and it gets plenty of use then, powering the house.

Link Removed

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
After reading lots of threads where folk seem to hate generators it stands to reason that there must be loads of little used ones for sale!

Now then...everyone says the Honda is streaks ahead of the rest. So, (be sensible now) does anyone have a 2.0i suitcase Honda in good condition for sale at a reasonable price?

We live in Dorset and can collect and pay cash (not tooooo much cash) if not to far away. You can pm me by all means or post on here....I will consider any reasonable proposition.

Fanks...
Try looking at a Kipor. A lot less money then the Honda, but having both, I cant really fault the Kipor, however, be warned. All the 2KVA units and above are very heavy, hence the generator of choice seems to be the 1.0.

OP
OP
Eyeinthesky

Eyeinthesky

Free Member
Sep 9, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Tootles...thanks for the tip but we have a garage and over 700kg payload so we will be ok. The reason for the 2.0i is so we can have our coffee machine in times of need! Also as a backup as we camp off-site most of the time. We do have good solar capacity and Cetek 250s Dual B2B so we are sorted really....it's just the coffee we're hooked on! Crazy or what?

Addenton...thanks but it needs to maintain 1500w so a ex1000 is no good.

Tootles...a couple of people have steered me off the Kipor albeit that much cheaper and probably would do the job well but I am hung on the Honda I'm afraid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
if you have the space/weight then yes carry the genny around but over time otherthings creep on board! maybe the answer is a good inverter as you already have solar, you wont be running the grinder for that long. I use mains toaster, kettle, tv and dyson with no problem (not all at once)
Steve

OP
OP
Eyeinthesky

Eyeinthesky

Free Member
Sep 9, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Mmmmmm...you might have a point about the inverter. I used to run a 2.5kw one to run a kettle I had on my charter fishing boat. It worked fine but I always ran it with the main boat propulsion engines running at the same time so as not to hammer the batteries too much.

It would certainly be cheaper that the Genny but would not provide backup in prolonged periods of dull weather.

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
if you look at the price of the hardware required to run electric that would buy a lot of gas. why do we do it becouse we can. And it add flexability. Things do go wrong with gas systems. nice to have a back up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back