WANTED: Disability Powerstep/Motorstep for caravan motor home (1 Viewer)

longlifemilk

Free Member
Mar 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
tourer owner.
Hello all. I’m new here. My mother is in her late 70’s and she is now unable to manage the steps into the caravan, meaning touring is no longer possible for her unless we can find an electronic step-on lift for her to access the vehicle. I have found 2 companies, Powerstep and Motorstep. The machines are expensive so I was hoping to ask for some advice on alternatives options or, even better, if someone has or knows someone selling a pre-owned one? Thank you in advance!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
This may give people an idea what it is.

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Don't laugh.. but what about a motorbike scissor box lift. £50 ish on eBay. Some videos on YouTube to show how they work.
If you had handles on the outside of the motorhome to hold onto. Place this on the floor and person stands on. The racket could be extended with a bar so you could operate the lift action while standing and steading the person.
Just a mad idea 👍😁
<Broken link removed>

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

noggin58

Free Member
Apr 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
knaus traveller 630
Hello all. I’m new here. My mother is in her late 70’s and she is now unable to manage the steps into the caravan, meaning touring is no longer possible for her unless we can find an electronic step-on lift for her to access the vehicle. I have found 2 companies, Powerstep and Motorstep. The machines are expensive so I was hoping to ask for some advice on alternatives options or, even better, if someone has or knows someone selling a pre-owned one? Thank you in advance!
I have one I'm about to sell if your still interested.

noggin58

Free Member
Apr 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
knaus traveller 630
I have one I'm about to sell if your still interested.

lee72

Free Member
May 8, 2021
Funster No
MH
Tottenham1
Is yours still for sale ?

Accybooth1

Free Member
Jun 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Hi... if anyone is still interested or looking for a Motorstep .... we have one, brand new still in the box (still have the receipt somewhere) bought about 3 years ago, think it was about the £1800 mark. Unfortunately dad bought it for the motorhome, but before they got chance to use it mum got ill and passed away. Its only now that I am having a clear out that I thought about selling it. They are currently on the Motorstep website for £1695 plus VAT, and we would be willing to accept £800 (no offers) plus postage (would quote for this once I know your postcode) or collection (which would be preferred but understand that this isnt an easy option).

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi... if anyone is still interested or looking for a Motorstep .... we have one, brand new still in the box (still have the receipt somewhere) bought about 3 years ago, think it was about the £1800 mark. Unfortunately dad bought it for the motorhome, but before they got chance to use it mum got ill and passed away. Its only now that I am having a clear out that I thought about selling it. They are currently on the Motorstep website for £1695 plus VAT, and we would be willing to accept £800 (no offers) plus postage (would quote for this once I know your postcode) or collection (which would be preferred but understand that this isnt an easy option).
w2f
Looks like a good deal for somebody.

You would probably get better response if you list it in the Motorhomefun Classified section.... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/classifieds/

Accybooth1

Free Member
Jun 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Hi .. we are based in Manchester (Radcliffe) if that is any use to you - or we would be happy to post if needs be

Accybooth1

Free Member
Jun 20, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Phil, I am not seeing any private messages??? Is it because I am not a paid subscriber?

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
No - you looked while I was writing it!!

Nov 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hi
Same situation as the above. Elderly Mum struggling to get into our MH. Is the powered step sold ?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Hi
Same situation as the above. Elderly Mum struggling to get into our MH. Is the powered step sold ?
Hymerrily I saw this one on Facebook Market a couple of weeks ago and it still looks to be for sale.

Jan 11, 2022
Australia
Funster No
MH
caravan
w2f

You would probably get better response if you list it in the Motorhomefun Classified section.... https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/classifieds/
H
w2f

Hi I’m keen on the motor step if still available, could you please email me ian.gardner1@bigpond.com thanks in advance.

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
I would remove your email address bud spam bots will pick it up, just send the person a personal message.

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
I bought the one advertised by Accybooth1.

And very happy I am with it too, they are a lovely bit of kit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back