Wanted - Bedford CF250 reverse light switch (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Number one son has discovered that his reversing lights don't work because the switch is bust.

He has found a price for a new one (BEDFORD CF VAUXHALL 4 SPEED GEARBOX new reverse light switch + plate) of £51 plus delivery at an on-line site but I wondered if anyone knew where we might be able to get one cheaper

Entering the vehicle registration number at another parts web site identifies the base vehicle as a Bedford BLITZ (CF97) 2.3, 79 hp, 2278 cc.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
it will probably be the same as fitted to the early rear wheel drive vauxhall cars so if you can find a breakers yard locally you may be able to source one there for about £10.00
alternatively if you can get it out of the gearbox it may just be that the plunger is stuck.
also early reversing switches had the terminals fixed to a plastic disc that was held in place by crimping the end of the switch.
or it could be a duff wire.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Cant help with the light, Graham, but how's he getting on with fettling it generally?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
Try this... Link Removed is a breaker, but can be a bit pricey. The bedford CF forum might be able to help.

Shirl

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
it will probably be the same as fitted to the early rear wheel drive vauxhall cars so if you can find a breakers yard locally you may be able to source one there for about £10.00
alternatively if you can get it out of the gearbox it may just be that the plunger is stuck.
also early reversing switches had the terminals fixed to a plastic disc that was held in place by crimping the end of the switch.
or it could be a duff wire.

Thanks, I'll pass that on.

Cant help with the light, Graham, but how's he getting on with fettling it generally?

Pretty well John, thanks. Between him and his mates they can cover most things.

Try this... Link Removed is a breaker, but can be a bit pricey. The bedford CF forum might be able to help.

Shirl
Thanks Shirl - he's the bloke who has one for 51 quid ::bigsmile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Rather than pay 51 pounds you could buy an illuminated swich and wire them to that (yes I know you would have to remember to switch it off) but its a cheaper option

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
As far as I know the reversing light is not a testable item in the MOT ..

.. One way around this is to fit another switch but it must have an illuminated warning light to tell you they are on (same as a rear fog lamp)

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Rather than pay 51 pounds you could buy an illuminated swich and wire them to that (yes I know you would have to remember to switch it off) but its a cheaper option

As far as I know the reversing light is not a testable item in the MOT ..

.. One way around this is to fit another switch but it must have an illuminated warning light to tell you they are on (same as a rear fog lamp)

Thanks fellas. I'm pretty sure that's right. It certainly used to be because I fitted reversing lights, with a manually operated illuminated switch, to the first car we had in 1980/81.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
graham! it's posible that i have a few part's(all new)to fit this bedford.IE wheel brake cylinders,brake shoe's,posibly a water pump,disc pads if fitted?air filter, oil filter,,disy cap,points,service parts mainly:thumb:i have 1000's of part's for older vehicle's,all new in box's(old stock):thumb:

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
graham! it's posible that i have a few part's(all new)to fit this bedford.IE wheel brake cylinders,brake shoe's,posibly a water pump,disc pads if fitted?air filter, oil filter,,disy cap,points,service parts mainly:thumb:i have 1000's of part's for older vehicle's,all new in box's(old stock):thumb:

Thanks Chris. I know he bought points, condenser, dizzy cap &c plus timing belt kit and other parts for full service. If you have a reverse light switch he would definitely be interested ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back