Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Looks a bargain at the minuet, you should bear in mind that the fitting kit and brake cable are made as one off's for each vehicleat a time, it more than likely won't fit any other without modification if at all , you will be suprised at the diferences between two so called identical cars :cry:
Geo

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Looks a bargain at the minuet, you should bear in mind that the fitting kit and brake cable are made as one off's for each vehicleat a time, it more than likely won't fit any other without modification if at all , you will be suprised at the diferences between two so called identical cars :cry:
Geo

C'mon Geo you have Kieths ear so where he gitting his one for under £500?

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Geo

Yes Geo I agree but most of us Rv owners are usually quite handy at modifications, I know that I am, and can adapt most things, and most of the time these things are fairly straight forward and not rocket sience!:thumb:

Regards Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hi Keith

This makes mine cheap does it not????

Link Removed

Regards Pat

Crikey! :whatthe: Over £400 pounds for a second hand one may have seemed cheap once...BUT

it seems that I have the A Frame sorted out now (brand new and fitted for under £500, can't be bad.....)

Keith

A brand new one fitted for under £500 makes the one on eBay look like daylight robbery!!! :roflmto:

C'mon Keith, spill the beans, where'd you get a deal like that? :thanks2:

Bryan

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
from the ebay listing..............

No mileage was added to our vehicle when we towed it in this manner compared to some other towing methods.

eeeerrr. how do they do that then, my speedo still clocks up the miles while being towed. :Doh:

electronic speedo perhaps.......dunno.:winky: but then it wouldnt clock no matter how you towed it.:Doh:

john.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
mine was cheap at £120 complete +£80 for diesel to essex and back to collect. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

add to that £70 to manufacture the towbar/electrics on the van and its cheap towing.

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
My Kia has an electronic speedo and never counts the towed miles.

freakylady

Free Member
Apr 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 months
Hi there
WE're looking for a braked A frame for a 97 Corsa - my husband should is very good with cars and should be able to fit it :)

Any suggestions / advice would be welcome :)

ta

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

We have one very similar to the one advertised in the eBay link above its made by the same people and is a braked A frame complete with the pull bar and cables etc, after reading the results i am seriously thinking of putting on there unless i receive a reasonable offer from elsewhere

Hi there
WE're looking for a braked A frame for a 97 Corsa - my husband should is very good with cars and should be able to fit it :)

Any suggestions / advice would be welcome :)

ta

freakylady

Free Member
Apr 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 months
Braunston,

I would be very interested in the A frame but a few questions first...

What car do you tow with it? as i mentioned i need to tow a corsa on it and being a girl i dont really understand all of this...

And how much would you want for it?

Thanks

:)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Braunston,

I would be very interested in the A frame but a few questions first...

What car do you tow with it? as i mentioned i need to tow a corsa on it and being a girl i dont really understand all of this...

And how much would you want for it?

Thanks

:)
Hi Freaky :)
All A frames are universal and will fit almost anything, The problem bit is what needs fitting to your Corsa to fix the A frame to, all these bits are normally made as one off's and req welding to the corsa, there may be some that bolt on, but not very many, welding will almost alway,s come into the equation, even a bolt on one may require the odd bracket welding to the chassis, and some neat cutting of the front bumper for the tow eyes to poke through
see pic for an Idea of how they fit, (the eye's are welded to the chassis) pull the big pin and the A frame comes off the car
Geo

Attachments

• sooty a frame 002 (Medium).jpg
    sooty a frame 002 (Medium).jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 46

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Thats the second useless contribution you've made to the site so far, and precisely why no reply is forth coming, so on behalf of all those wanting the information
Thank you
PS Admin can we have a dick head Smilie please
Geo

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Why pay £410 plus when you can get a new one fitted for UNDER £500

Hi Geo

Personalities, previous comments and everything else put to one side - I don't really see what is so wrong with the above statement.

If someone can get a brand new A frame and get it fitted - all for under £500 - surely that has to be slightly better value than getting a second-hand one with an unknown history - for £410 plus the cost of adapting and fitting, doesn't it?

Having said that - I still cannot see where the £500 frame is coming from - perhaps a mistake has been made somewhere?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You need to read between the the lines Dick, the wording used in both posts referance to not being truthfull winking eye smiles and the chosen Avetar, and only 2 posts made to date
tells me it is someones pathetic attempt to bait the member concerned
I would buy Cherokee7 a new A frame, if he goes face to face and repeats his comments:winky:
Geo

freakylady

Free Member
Apr 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 months
Thanks for the info Geo... great explanation :)

I'll get my hubby to look at it and sort it out for us :)

Braunston I'll tell my hubby that you may have one for sale ...

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Geo

You know, someone once told me that I am too stupid to be dis-honest - I think I have proved it once again - I simply didn't see that which you have recently pointed out.

I still don't think that Jim or Bryan should design a 'Richard' head smiley, though :Sad::Sad::Sad:

sersol

Free Member
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
Steady Geo,the blood pressure will be going through the roof :Smile:
I have no intention of buying an "A frame" if I wanted one I would have kept the caravan:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:.
Compared to the prices I saw at Newbury last weekend about £900, the sum quoted of £500 seems VERY good.Knowing the person in question I have no doubt he did his home work & got the best deal he could,I have NO reason to think what he said was not true.
As for me having an "A frame" my crappy old Eura Mobil would be no good to tow & living in Milton Keynes it might get stolen anyway........................ :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Having scanned the posts on this thread, in particular C7's) I fail to see anything untoward.

I was under the impression that personal attacks on fellow members are unwanted on this forum, should anything untoward be discovered I'm sure that Jim will deal with it for the good of the forum.

It's unnecessary to read between the lines of this posting as there is nothing more than what you see.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This thread has run its course, Keith has his A frame. I am sure he will share the details when he can. I think its best that this thread is closed - Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back