Wanted 125cc Or There Abouts Bike (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Do not wanna spend a fortune as the thing is unlikely to do more than a 100 miles a year ( and yessssss.. I know this should really be in the classifieds but ... )

Anyone know where there is such a beast up for sale ?
Everything that gets on fleabay is either somewhere in a galaxy far far away or really silly money !

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
What do you mean by "silly money"?
I'm thinking about something like this.

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Welllllll That aint too bad but I will not buy a new Chinese one unless it is about 4 bob !! LOL !!

There is a reason they never ( at least rarely ) come up 2nd hand.. that reason is they are pretty much past it after a couple of thousand miles... In fact they are just about past it when brand new !!
However, given my budget and the problems I am having finding anything, a half decent 2nd hand Chinese would be fine for a couple of hundred .. But thats kind of about it really..

Forgot to mention.. scooters are a bit of a non-starter too as rack is about 18" off the ground and I have got to LIFT whatever the thing is into the wheel holes.
Scoots tend to be a bit awkward to man handle on your own without wrecking the plastics

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tinkering

Free Member
Feb 25, 2009
dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1972
Sorry to but in.

Is your friends Kontiki still for sale?

And where is it please

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I bought my little Honda on Ebay with very little mileage on it but a few years for £700 Hardly use it now and it still eats tax and insurance but it sits in the back of the van waiting for emergencies. No Milk etc, to save the van being uprooted and driven to the nearest town. I am always worried in case it puts the weight up too much. See Topokita and little friend in the photos setion. That being the noise it makes like the Walter Mitty (me) film.

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Nothing wrong with Chinese bikes, people just expect honda quality for a third of the price.We have 6 bikes used daily for motorcycle training and they are all re-sellable after 3 years of daily use.Been using Chinese for about 8 years now only had one bad one.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
My CG 125 is made in Brazil as it seems most are, My Cectek quad is made in Taiwan and it is a beautifully made machine, it is the specification that matters and the design not the nationality of the workers. Made in GB is probably as bad as it gets with some items when it used to be made in Hong Kong

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I have had a DAYLUM for eight years it's never let me down thrashed the guts out of it still keeps going
love it
my bike.jpg

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Guys.. you each deal with the ONE bike you own..
I have had to deal with hundreds of the bloody things.. Spares are not the problem folk think they might be, but my goodness..
The idea of quality control seems completely alien to the Chinese
I did buy a brand new CCM 220 when they first come out.. had a tie in with a then local CCM dealer..
Was a bit miffed when I uncrated it to find it was a Chinese..
Chain lasted less than 400 miles, swing arm was out of whack, welding was so poor I actually had to go over some of it..
The lump was as good as gold though.. It was just all the cycle parts.
Sold it after 5 months when it started to rot big time.. Saw it recently and the owner showed me pictures.. He had dry stored it for 4 years and the whole thing had turned in to a big brown ball or rust !! It is now back on the road after a nut and bolt refurb ( with PROPER nuts and bolts and a shed load of powder coating :) !

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Now I realise that this forum is dominated by older white British males, but describing something as 'Chinese' is unpleasantly racist and ought to be subject to moderation by the forum operator

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I have never considered "Chinese" to be any more racist than Jock, Paddy, Taffy, or Tommy. In fact I wouldn't have given it a thought had you not brought it up.
.......and I'm sure it wasn't meant to be racist, Jeez we're getting a little bit too pc for my liking.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Guys.. you each deal with the ONE bike you own..
I have had to deal with hundreds of the bloody things.. Spares are not the problem folk think they might be, but my goodness..
The idea of quality control seems completely alien to the Chinese
I did buy a brand new CCM 220 when they first come out.. had a tie in with a then local CCM dealer..
Was a bit miffed when I uncrated it to find it was a Chinese..
Chain lasted less than 400 miles, swing arm was out of whack, welding was so poor I actually had to go over some of it..
The lump was as good as gold though.. It was just all the cycle parts.
Sold it after 5 months when it started to rot big time.. Saw it recently and the owner showed me pictures.. He had dry stored it for 4 years and the whole thing had turned in to a big brown ball or rust !! It is now back on the road after a nut and bolt refurb ( with PROPER nuts and bolts and a shed load of powder coating :) !
so I shouldn't have any problems getting a spark plug then :rofl:

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Now I realise that this forum is dominated by older white British males, but describing something as 'Chinese' is unpleasantly racist and ought to be subject to moderation by the forum operator
:rolleyes:........... O my !

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Quite frankly sir, only a racist sees such things as racism.. Racists constantly see racism every where.. NORMAL folk do not see it at all
Having spent some considerable time in the company of both Chinese and Japanese I can assure you THEY certainly do not see it as anything but a shorting on the word ( jap in the case of the Japanese ).. Indeed, whilst at the Chinese Embassy attending a trade conference some 14 years ago I and others around the table were asked by one the chargé d'affaires if we would like a 'Chinese' sent in as the meeting was going to go on till late..

Anyone who lives in a world where every word spoken, every inflection, every THOUGHT has to watched is someone who is FAR more aware of any differences in race colour or creed than the average person.. and THAT makes THEM the racist. not the people they preach to

If it was not agin forum rules I would retaliate with an equally personal and insulting retort..but I do not consider it worth rising to such tree hugging left wing statements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Quite frankly sir, only a racist sees such things as racism.. Racists constantly see racism every where.. NORMAL folk do not see it at all
Having spent some considerable time in the company of both Chinese and Japanese I can assure you THEY certainly do not see it as anything but a shorting on the word ( jap in the case of the Japanese ).. Indeed, whilst at the Chinese Embassy attending a trade conference some 14 years ago I and others around the table were asked by one the chargé d'affaires if we would like a 'Chinese' sent in as the meeting was going to go on till late..

Anyone who lives in a world where every word spoken, every inflection, every THOUGHT has to watched is someone who is FAR more aware of any differences in race colour or creed than the average person.. and THAT makes THEM the racist. not the people they preach to

If it was not agin forum rules I would retaliate with an equally personal and insulting retort..but I do not consider it worth rising to such tree hugging left wing statements
:clap2::notworthy2::notworthy2:

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I bought sinnis matrix 2 scooter does job good

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).

Well said that man. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. ( a derivative of John, and not just a term of endearment for a Scot. ;) )

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
OK OK.. I have taken on board what folk are saying.. And of course considered the extremely low mileages I am expecting to use it for I have opened up my mind and can see the sense in looking at the Chinese options

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
OK OK.. I have taken on board what folk are saying.. And of course considered the extremely low mileages I am expecting to use it for I have opened up my mind and can see the sense in looking at the Chinese options
a Chinese will do the job john the lumps are fairly reliable
bill

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
The word Chinese is similar to the n-word. They are both racial slurs, and are both very offensive, but people choose to use them without thinking about the harm that comes with them

I'm very close to someone from China and she does not appreciate the use of 'Chinese' at all and simply cannot accept that a staff member at the Chinese embassy would use it

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
The word Chinese is similar to the n-word. They are both racial slurs, and are both very offensive, but people choose to use them without thinking about the harm that comes with them

I'm very close to someone from China and she does not appreciate the use of 'Chinese' at all and simply cannot accept that a staff member at the Chinese embassy would use it
I would think it only becomes offensive if it was meant in a offensive manner :)John clearly does not mean it in this manor and I am sure he does not need me to stick up for him,but from the tone of your reply(the way it's coming across to me) it gives me more a sense of offence than Johns original post :(:D:LOL:
terry

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Isn't that like using an abusive term and qualifying it with 'no offense meant'

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
it's a biker thing many bikers refer to chines bikes with that name there machines I ride with many nationality's
including two chines guys and one female
they even refer to chines bikes as (Chinese)
bill

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
what we should have is the fun 125 motorcycle section then organise a 125 ers met
bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back