Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Hi everyone

I am a newbie! Well I have been observing from the side lines for a while!

My name is Vik my husband is Rich we are in our early 30,s (well I am - ha,ha). We have got 3 kids - 8,4 & 18 months.

We've got a 3 week trip booked for August in France - this will be the third time over the water in it. I will fill you in on the route later once we finalise it. We love it! Last year we did 3 weeks solely on Aires and it was great the kids had a fab time. Would love to move there eventually.

At the moment we are re-fitting the shower area. It was really tatty & dated it had loads of ugly plastic cabinets which was great to rip out they took up loads of room and weren't that roomy. We have just re-panelled it some white waterproof stuff that my brother-in-law supplies to hospitals don't know the technical details but it looks good and thats what counts.:ROFLMAO:

We have got a new mirror, taps, basin & ped,toilet seat, loads of nice storage from Ikea/Next so it should look good, nice,clean & modern. I have taken the before pics so when it is complete I will post the before & after on to see what you think:thumb: I can't wait, it's great when you put your own stamp on something.

Anyway...now I am looking for some advice please if anyone can help. We are off to Waddington airshow at the weekend and wondered if anyone knows of any wild spots where we can stay Sat night? As there are still a few bits to complete on the van we may not get to leave while tea-time and as the gates open at 8am we wanted to get there early before the crowds so it's not really worth trying to get on a site. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hope I can input as much useful info as others do on a regular basis, I'll try!!

Better go the 18 month is on the dining table ripping the Argos to shreds!!!!

Thanks Vik

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I am looking for some advice please if anyone can help. We are off to Waddington airshow at the weekend and wondered if anyone knows of any wild spots where we can stay Sat night?

Sorry, can't help with the overnight parking,

why not just to leave early Sun morning and arrive as the gate opens ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
brodie

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Hi Jim

We could do but with the kids the age they are I didn't really want to get them up at crack of bird! I can feel to moods already. To get there for when the gates open from Doncaster you are talking a couple of hours travel, plus getting 'ready' time (by that I mean me getting myself & 3 kids ready & hubby having preening time!!) it would be a 5 am alarm call at the latest.

I'm good but not that good.:winky:

The traffic is supposed to be terrible so the plan was to get to the showground get parked up then have brekkie etc before the show starts at 10am.

The other thing is after doing the shower area & not being away this year we thought we better have a run out & use all the facilities to make sure everything is ok before our jaunt to France. You never know.....sensible or what.

Vik

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim

We could do but with the kids the age they are I didn't really want to get them up at crack of bird! I can feel to moods already. To get there for when the gates open from Doncaster you are talking a couple of hours travel, plus getting 'ready' time (by that I mean me getting myself & 3 kids ready & hubby having preening time!!) it would be a 5 am alarm call at the latest.

I'm good but not that good.:winky:

The traffic is supposed to be terrible so the plan was to get to the showground get parked up then have brekkie etc before the show starts at 10am.

The other thing is after doing the shower area & not being away this year we thought we better have a run out & use all the facilities to make sure everything is ok before our jaunt to France. You never know.....sensible or what.

Vik

Hi Vik

having brought up six of my own , I understand the logistics :roflmto:

how about sleeping in the van on the drive, then only you have to be up at silly o'clock ?

OP
OP
brodie

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Now that maybe a good idea I'll pack the hubby & kids up in the motorhome for the night & I'll let them test it out while I have a good nights sleep indoors & the bed to myself!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back