Walkie talkies (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
After a pair of walkie talkies for an upcoming trip, just to keep in contact with another motorhome @ROB1CHELSEA1 .

Don't want to spend a lot as unlikely to be used again, any one who has spent time with @ROB1CHELSEA1 will understand this :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

any suggestions / Links ?

Karl

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
:cheers:
bottle-art.jpg

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
After a pair of walkie talkies for an upcoming trip, just to keep in contact with another motorhome @ROB1CHELSEA1 .

Don't want to spend a lot as unlikely to be used again, any one who has spent time with @ROB1CHELSEA1 will understand this :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Karl

I use these: http://www.ligo.co.uk/cobra-microta...nrpPIb5zzuYbeaojkHoaV32HGNsmzLOUaAvm3EALw_wcB

(not necessarily from this supplier)

They have a longer range than the others that I have and the build quality is also better.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
I have a pair of cobra range suppose to be 3 kms but I would think 1.5 more relistic don't use any more £20 if you want but will not be back in the UK until late April.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
A cb radio would give better range but at a considerably higher price. All pmr446 radios are similar although there are many that claim impossible range, some up to 10km. Normal max range is about 1-1.5 km. If you need more range get licenced (or just use your phone.)

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning

Karl
Hi Karl. We have a set of Binatone 550's Good for 5 miles or there abouts. Battery life is good . If interested £20 plus postage (£5? )
We used them for a while but with my health issues now ... Carolyn is always alongside ..bless her. :love:
Kev

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Sorry, but your misleading the O P, these are illegal, there should be a red warning flag at the centre of the string, but the strings too short’
:ROFLMAO::LOL:
I did say the connection might cost a bit as in the string but how much you ask and the reply is

How long is a piece of string
bNsTIB6.gif

OP
OP
C
Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
I have a pair of cobra range suppose to be 3 kms but I would think 1.5 more relistic don't use any more £20 if you want but will not be back in the UK until late April.

Thanks would have been ideal, but need them for beginning of march

Karl

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I have a couple of Motorola 446 you can borrow I will be in norton canes near Cannock for 2 weeks
Not bothered when I get them back so long as it before October when I need them for a rally

OP
OP
C
Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Hi Karl. We have a set of Binatone 550's Good for 5 miles or there abouts. Battery life is good . If interested £20 plus postage (£5? )
We used them for a while but with my health issues now ... Carolyn is always alongside ..bless her. :love:
Kev

Thanks for the offer, but i presume they will only charge on the supplied charger, we need ones which either use
normal batts or can be charged separately(in different vans) at same time,if that makes sense.

Karl

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Thanks for the offer, but i presume they will only charge on the supplied charger, we need ones which either use
normal batts or can be charged separately(in different vans) at same time,if that makes sense.

Karl
Yes thats correct. Just a thought though.

Kev

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
that's not cheap!
I dunno. I've got unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 10 gb data for £15.00 pm and data can be used in the EU and minutes/texts too from EU to GB.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I cant think of anything but my in laws in Scotland last year, they took a pair on our MH trip together, I reckon one attempt to communicate in 100 goes actually worked :)

you would be better shouting out of window and hoping they hear :)(y)

but that might just have been them :)

Jan 31, 2013
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
This method works well. We regularly travel in a convoy of three. I wouldn't even consider CB as there are far too many plonkers on there

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
I cant think of anything but my in laws in Scotland last year, they took a pair on our MH trip together, I reckon one attempt to communicate in 100 goes actually worked :)

you would be better shouting out of window and hoping they hear :)(y)

but that might just have been them :)
Exactly my experience :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D;)

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Isn’t it just as illegal to use a Wilkie talkie when driving as it is to use a mobile phone? Or is it passengers that will be using them? If we want to keep in touch when “convoying” we just leave the line open as we have unlimited calls on Vodafone for all the family’s phones

OP
OP
C
Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Isn’t it just as illegal to use a Wilkie talkie when driving as it is to use a mobile phone? Or is it passengers that will be using them? If we want to keep in touch when “convoying” we just leave the line open as we have unlimited calls on Vodafone for all the family’s phones

Not sure about the legality of using while moving, but some do have separate microphones/earphones ,but would they not come under cb
rather than a phone device?.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back