Wales, Serious, No Banter please.. (1 Viewer)

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Safely back home from a great weekend at Jim and Sians. Sincere thanks to them for their wonderful hospitality, to Mo and Judy for organising it and to the great bunch of funsters who made the weekend such a success. Lovely to meet so many new friends. Hope to see you again soon. Hope the storm does not cause you any problems. Safe travels.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Have not seen anything so funny in years. He walked straight into a 30 foot leylandi tree, then switched on his torch to find his way out of it, then once he had disentangled himself from it, switched his torch off again a went stumbling off into the night :ROFLMAO:

all true aint laughed so much in along time:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Fantastic meet, a BIG THANKYOU to Jim, Sian & Sir Mo, Judy & All funsters new & old.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi Jan & Dek...

Glad you got home OK...

Only three of us left on site now.... the others decided to make a run for it... don't blame them, if what`s coming is true..

Regarding the thanks...... any body can find and suggest a meet...

Finding a site and putting up a date is the easy bit....

It`s the members that come, that make the meet enjoyable... :Cool:

Glad you enjoyed it... :thumb:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Home safe after a great weekend
Jim and Sian did us proud with a feast, we met some old friends and made some new friends that I am sure will become old friends.:thumb:
Thanks Mo for setting this up and I am sure it will become an annual event
(book us on for next year)

Happy Daze
Chris N Liz

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Many, many thanks to Sian and Jim for their wonderful hospitality. We have just arrived home after a sprint and a one stop strategy. 381 miles later and I am convinced that my sat nav is the Lord of the Rings version after some of the places we went through in Wales. I'm sure I saw Orcs and any place called 'Devil's Bridge' should be avoided. At least I now know how small a space I can get the M/H through!!! ::bigsmile:
Looking forward to next year now. Many thanks to all the funsters who made it a wonderful meet. Special thanks and a mention in dispatches for Old Mo. :thumb:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We just got in 8pm, after 350 miles with dodgy weather but we did have a tail wind, many thanks to Sir Old Mo for organising this meet, meeting old friends and making new, thanks for tolerating Suki and special thanks to Sian and Jim for having us all and the wonderful food, what a feast! :thumb:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We got home this afternoon, but I have only just sparked up the old laptop! We want to echo everyones comments about the fantastic meet - our first but DEFINITELY not our last.

Thanks to Mo (or should I say the new age tree hugger....) for organising it, and to all the funsters for making us so very welcome -

Thanks to Sian and Jim for their warm hospitality and the lovely meal on Friday night - and not forgetting the bacon butties this morning!

We really did have a lovely weekend, and hope to continue to meet up with everyone many times in the coming months and years.

Geraldine and Clifton

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Sorry we missed the bacon butties but we wanted to get going as early as possible as wanted to get home in daylight if at all possible. As Howie posted earlier we had an adventurous route over the mountains with me following the mh in the car. We reached home just as the last of the daylight left the sky and all are settled down now.

Apologies for any early morning barking in the upper camp this morning but the dogs were excited about being on the road again! They (and me) had an unsettled night with the thunder and lightning and the rain lashing down on the roof of the MH. Howie however never heard a thing all night!

Thanks again to all who made this meet a great event and it was good to meet friends old and new. I don't know who made the chocolate cake that was on offer last night at the get together but it was one of the best I have ever tasted.

Kath

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Small is beautiful.

12 vans and you can actually talk to folk.

What a great time. Wales did not disappoint. Particularly impressinve was a pitch with a river running through it and rain that didn't hit once, but bounced a foot first time round and splodged down later, a bit like those submarine sounders Piiiiing, pip, piiiing, pip.

Thanks Mo.

Special thanks to Sian and Jim for sharing your house and food with us, I hope you didn't lose too many of your antiques.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Did any branches or trees fall in the lower bit we were in or were any trees fall around that way.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
The storm forecast was always for the south east Brian...

Catherine

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Not even a leaf. No wind at all::bigsmile:

Bit different on the M5.... after Bristol, very windy and pouring with rain..

More or less as soon as we left the Welsh Border.... :Sad:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
The rain followed us down the M4 corridor, we managed to get just ahead of the rain, stopped Liegh Dela Mare services and it caught us up, then managed to get ahead again and got indoors, just, then the rain come, went to bed slept through the storm.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Another superb night. Unfortunately my neighbour got tangled up in the undergrowth on the way home. Muttering something about "Who put that Feckin tree there" :ROFLMAO:.
Am sorry to say I did not have my camera with me, but there was witnesses.

Message to Sir Old Mo

Hi Mo, there's that tree! Next time you're up with us mate, I'll dig out these Christmas lights so you'll be able to see it:thumb:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
That looks lovely... :thumb:

Similar to one I found in your garden, Jim........ :Tongue1::censored:2:ROFLMAO:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Message to Sir Old Mo

Hi Mo, there's that tree! Next time you're up with us mate, I'll dig out these Christmas lights so you'll be able to see it:thumb:

I mean....You could hardly call it a shrub could you :ROFLMAO:. How the hell did he not see that :RollEyes:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Bog off, Dave...... Car headlights in the lane dazzled me... :Angry:::bigsmile:

Oh yes a very busy lane that Mo. So busy they have planted grass to stop the tarmac wearing out :ROFLMAO:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
This is not an isolated case :Eeek::Eeek:

Last year at Malvern show the very same Sir Old Mo , adequately inebriated , fell over a post :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Brian Evans was also a witness to this .

Should've gone to specsavers :Eeek:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Trust me Bro..... Look at Jim`s photo...

I was walking back to my van, alongside the arches you can see..

And I was dazzled by some headlights from a car in the lane...:Sad:

And all that happened was.... I brushed against the tree...

But as usual.... it has been blown out of proportion and the usual exagerations... by a few that didn`t even see me leave..That`s mates for you :RollEyes::thumb:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
This is not an isolated case :Eeek::Eeek:

Last year at Malvern show the very same Sir Old Mo , adequately inebriated , fell over a post :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Brian Evans was also a witness to this .

Should've gone to specsavers :Eeek:::bigsmile:

I was pushed... :restmycase:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back