WALES/October have you booked, are you still going? (1 Viewer)

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
nope your mate can’t meet anybody outside of Bolton.

from bolton web site

• meet people you do not live with in their home or garden, whether inside or outside of Bolton, unless they’re in your support bubble
<Broken link removed>

it is very confusing though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
Sure you all know this but they announced tonight that parts of North Wales are locking down from 18:00 on Thursday.... Flintshire where we are included :-(

SWMBO has an appointment at The Christie on Tuesday which will hopefully be allowed... we'll be going regardless and screw the consequences

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Keep out of Pembrokeshire, the covid levels may be low at the moment but won’t stay that way if everyone decides to come here.

That’s a lovely welcoming message for potential visitors, well done.
Pembs has been rammed all summer, at one point there was talk of closing the main roads in as there were so many visitors, and the number of cases has remained low. Local businesses have done a brilliant job of implementing social distancing measures, hand disinfecting and mask wearing which I’m sure is a huge contributing factor to the low incidence of cases in the county.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
The Welsh government certainly know how to annoy their own population. Imagine if you live in Capel Curig, and you are barred from climbing Snowdon as you live just over the Gwynedd/Conway border 5 miles from Pen y Pass, yet you know that the Welsh government are allowing folk from Bolton/Liverpool/ Greater Manchester, where infection rates are 5-10 time higher, to drive, park up climb a mountain with 2000 other people on the same day and then go and have a meal and go to the pub. It is a shambles and scandal.

Happy1

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
nope your mate can’t meet anybody outside of Bolton.

from bolton web site

• meet people you do not live with in their home or garden, whether inside or outside of Bolton, unless they’re in your support bubble
<Broken link removed>

it is very confusing though.
My point exactly he can drive his motorhome anywhere as long as they don’t mix with the locals whereas people locked down in Wales can’t

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
My point exactly he can drive his motorhome anywhere as long as they don’t mix with the locals whereas people locked down in Wales can’t

ah, understood.

And confusingly i can drive anywhere into England, but not into many areas of wales!,

suspect the Welsh approach will be more effective in the long rung, if some folk just switch on.

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp

ah see what you mean.

same for me, I can drive anywhere into England , but not into many areas of Wales.

and can mix with some in their houses, but in other areas in England I can’t.

not sure what i would do in Mark‘s or Boris’s shoes though!

LiquidLunch

Free Member
Apr 28, 2014
Prestatyn
Funster No
MH
Panel Van
Exp
Long time!
Sure you all know this but they announced tonight that parts of North Wales are locking down from 18:00 on Thursday.... Flintshire where we are included :-(

SWMBO has an appointment at The Christie on Tuesday which will hopefully be allowed... we'll be going regardless and screw the consequences

What consequences? Travel for a hospital appointment is allowed under the new rules.

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
Why on earth would you want to go to Pembrokeshire?
The air is far too clear, there are few people to give you bugs, and the scenery is rubbish.
No street lights, no pavements, no macDonalds, no friend chicken.
All you can do is walk the dogs on the beaches.
IMG_1906.jpg
IMG_1904.jpg

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Why on earth would you want to go to Pembrokeshire?
The air is far too clear, there are few people to give you bugs, and the scenery is rubbish.
No street lights, no pavements, no macDonalds, no friend chicken.
All you can do is walk the dogs on the beaches.
View attachment 429201View attachment 429204
West Angle Bay I believe. A good café there on the beach(y)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Now reconsidering our North Wales trip next week in view of their lockdown - and the fact that we already live in an area of high-risk. Tried contacting the holiday company but just a message saying they'll be in touch later today.

It will be a disappointment as it was for a special reason, but feel we should respect the spirit even if the rules still allow it. Also weather forecast isn't very good so don't see the point being cooped up in the van with nowhere to go.

At least we should be able to get a full refund, something they guaranteed when we booked.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back