Wales is a Different Country! (1 Viewer)

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
The Welsh should take whatever department is responsible for the bridge tolls to court for discrimination as there is not a toll charge for driving into England. Only problem will be that said department will more than likely put a toll on the leaving Wales section

Reactions: DBK

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Well, a Welshism thread, and just as I was getting back into the swing of it. Teddy, cot, corner, tears......................:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:.

I'll be crossing that bridge on Tuesday going home from work and glad to pay my £6.50 to a French Company to be able to return to the Land Of My Fathers....... cue Ivor Emmanuel and a cast of thousands of Zulus all singing Men Of Harlech as tears stream down my cheeks:D

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We're staying in the Tredegar House CC site at Newport tonight after a somewhat fraught journey from Pembrokeshire. We hit stationary traffic on the M4 near Swansea but we saw it in time to turn off and we then crept through Swansea and rejoined the motorway a bit further west. Apparently there was a fatal crash and the motorway was closed for five hours. But a minor inconvenience given a poor bloke was killed. My thoughts are with his family.

But we had a really warm welcome from the lady warden! Not a dragon in sight! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
We're staying in the Tredegar House CC site at Newport tonight after a somewhat fraught journey from Pembrokeshire. We hit stationary traffic on the M4 near Swansea but we saw it in time to turn off and we then crept through Swansea and rejoined the motorway a bit further west. Apparently there was a fatal crash and the motorway was closed for five hours. But a minor inconvenience given a poor bloke was killed. My thoughts are with his family.

But we had a really warm welcome from the lady warden! Not a dragon in sight! :)

" NEWPORT"! ;) you wait till it get dark later:whistle:

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
" NEWPORT"! ;) you wait till it get dark later:whistle:
Oh, its OK, we've hung garlands of garlic inside the MH. That should keep us safe tonight, and as a secondary benefit it seems to be keeping the condensation down, as it won't be safe opening the windows.

PS. My wife comes from here but she has lived outside Wales for long enough not to count as a local anymore so I am hoping the nearest coven won't try and claim her back. :)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
That car par outside the Tredegar House site has a bit of dodgy night time activity apparently.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
And how do you know Chris?;)

We turned up too late one night to get in to the site and drove past the car park wondering if we could park there for the night.

No chance.

Reactions: DBK
Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
We turned up too late one night to get in to the site and drove past the car park wondering if we could park there for the night.

No chance.

Thanks Chris - I've made a mental note of the location. I'll visit as soon as I can:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Who would want to use a car-park in the late evening ? Is there a source of entertainment nearby? you know theatre, bar, stripper club, cannot see any reason a park in town would be full at night!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back