Wales is a Different Country! (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Stayed last night on a site near the Forest of Dean. This morning we headed into Wales so I entered the post code of the place we were heading for into the satnav. It came back "location not found". I double checked I had the right post code and tried again with the same result.

Scratched head again and then noticed the satnav said we were in England, which we were but where we were going was in a foreign land - Wales!

Manually changed the country on the satnav to Wales and it found the post code straight away. :)

Ironically, we ignored its route which have taken us along the M4 and followed the A40 through Abergaveny and Sennybridge, a much more interesting route. I did notice quite a few interesting places to visit at some other time in this area when it isn't raining, such as Raglan Castle. :)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Yes we noticed that too for Wales but don't remember having to change it when we went to Jocklandshire in September? (n)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
we ignored its route which have taken us along the M4 and followed the A40 through Abergaveny and Sennybridge, a much more interesting route.
And you weren't stopped by rugby ball and bow and arrow totting Welsh bandits, who prance around in multi coloured tights and doublets, demanding a payment for 'homage' for entering their sheep infested country? Surprised. Unless it was after 4pm, and they were watching 'The Adventures of Robin Hood' on the telly. :)

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
And you weren't stopped by rugby ball and bow and arrow totting Welsh bandits, who prance around in multi coloured tights and doublets, demanding a payment for 'homage' for entering their sheep infested country? Surprised. Unless it was after 4pm, and they were watching 'The Adventures of Robin Hood' on the telly. :)
We did see a lady dressed like an off duty druid. She had a sort of purple cloak on which was wrapped entirely around her. She was shopping in Waitrose and climbed into a transit MH afterwards. I don't she is a funster as I am sure we would have heard from such a character, even if it was only about recommended spells to use on CC wardens.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We did see a lady dressed like an off duty druid. She had a sort of purple cloak on which was wrapped entirely around her. She was shopping in Waitrose and climbed into a transit MH afterwards. I don't she is a funster as I am sure we would have heard from such a character, even if it was only about recommended spells to use on CC wardens.
That was SHIFTZZ. You should have said "HI", or HELO', as the heathen's speak it. :)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I remember when the kids were teenagers we camping near the border and we drove into Wales for the day they said "don't we need our passports":)
I remember when I was a kid my dad driving OUT of Wales to get a pint.:cheers::rofl::rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We did have a fright entering Wales on the old bridge. The toll sign showed £13.50 against a symbol showing a small and a big van! Fortunately they only charged us the car rate of £6.50. :)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We did have a fright entering Wales on the old bridge. The toll sign showed £13.50 against a symbol showing a small and a big van! Fortunately they only charged us the car rate of £6.50. :)
Haha, yes we've been there seen that. I think it cos your not a van. I wonder if PVC's have to explain?(n)

Reactions: DBK

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Most people are happy to pay 20 quid just to get out!.
I think they would have more visitors spending more money if they didn't have to pay to get in the place in the first instance.:reel:

I'll get onto it straight away.:active:

Reactions: DBK

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I think they would have more visitors spending more money if they didn't have to pay to get in the place in the first instance.:reel:

I'll get onto it straight away.:active:
When the bridge was built, in 1961, and at a cost of 14 shillings and sixpence three farthing, it was the wonder of the modern engineering age. It opened up an uncharted part of our great islands. Famous explorers plundered it's depths, fighting off natives armed with picks, and wearing candles on their caps, chanting 'The Green Grass of Home Boyo'. Missionaries soon followed, converting the heathens and unwashed into the true religion of Holts Best Bitter. The influx of tourists came next, unaware that they were being ripped off by the price of ice creams on the front at Barmouth. After many years of education, the populace were finally educated enough to form their own assembly at Shirleybassey, renamed Cardiff. Known for their inherent tightness, this still shows today with their spending on the NHS. (y):)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
When the bridge was built, in 1961, and at a cost of 14 shillings and sixpence three farthing, it was the wonder of the modern engineering age. It opened up an uncharted part of our great islands. Famous explorers plundered it's depths, fighting off natives armed with picks, and wearing candles on their caps, chanting 'The Green Grass of Home Boyo'. Missionaries soon followed, converting the heathens and unwashed into the true religion of Holts Best Bitter. The influx of tourists came next, unaware that they were being ripped off by the price of ice creams on the front at Barmouth. After many years of education, the populace were finally educated enough to form their own assembly at Shirleybassey, renamed Cardiff. Known for their inherent tightness, this still shows today with their spending on the NHS. (y):)
Pmsl, Holts Best Bitter. Best at what, descaling Lancashire Boilers that's what.:eek::LOL:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Pmsl, Holts Best Bitter. Best at what, descaling Lancashire Boilers that's what.:eek::LOL:
:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
Go immediately from this place, to another place, and wash your FILTHY mouth out!! :Eeek::Eeek: How DARE you say that about the frothing brew of The Gods! Without HOLTS, I would never have contracted my lovely cancer!!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
Go immediately from this place, to another place, and wash your FILTHY mouth out!! :Eeek::Eeek: How DARE you say that about the frothing brew of The Gods! Without HOLTS, I would never have contracted my lovely cancer!!
See, I was right. You just used it on the wrong tubes you irriot!:doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back