Wales Caravan & Motorhome Show, March 2014 (1 Viewer)

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
:Smile: Hi fellow funsters :thumb:
Anyone been to this show in the past ???
It's only a tad down the road from us , but thinking of going, to stir us out of our winter slumbers..:RollEyes:..and get the M/H back on the road.

Any good pubs...??
Good cycling.....???
Good walks...??

Any info appreciated :thumb:

OP
OP
themogs

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
::bigsmile: Oops...forgot to mention...it's in Chepstow:Doh:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
went to it twice, once in "THE " stadium and the second time at Celtic Manor...... wont go again... little or nowt and several pounds entry fee each. really disappointing:Sad: both times :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
went to it twice, once in "THE " stadium and the second time at Celtic Manor...... wont go again... little or nowt and several pounds entry fee each. really disappointing:Sad: both times :Doh:
I live in Chepstow but have NOT visited the show which was held here (at the racecourse) earlier this year. Perhaps someone will come on and tell us what it was like, last March we didn't know we would be owning a motor home by June:Eeek:.

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Further to the enquirery (damn spell check) I would like to add that Chepstow is an old market town, it has the oldest Norman castle in the UK which has featured in many films over decades. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chepstow_Castle
It has also a Norman church which has been photographed by more Japanese tourists on a Saturday than I've had hot dinners. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Mary's_Church,_Chepstow
On the banks of the river Wye it was also a great place for smugglers. The "OLD" Severn bridge was largely constructed by Fairfield Mabey in the town and parts floated down river where it joins the river Severn to be maneuvered into position where needed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severn_Bridge
Large loads are a common occurrence leaving the works to get on the M48, huge bridge spans make their way up the hill and bring the whole town to a standstill.
Although not a native of Chepstow (I hail from Norfolk) I have lived here for over 30 years and have seen many changes to the town, all for the better IMHO.
Chepstow boasts many great pubs, no shortage there, most have real ale as well as the usual [STRIKE]crap[/STRIKE] offerings.
Not a great place for shopping though so leave your purse at home or go further afield.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
:Smile: Hi fellow funsters :thumb:
Anyone been to this show in the past ???
It's only a tad down the road from us , but thinking of going, to stir us out of our winter slumbers..:RollEyes:..and get the M/H back on the road.

Or you could be enjoying a nice mild winter in Marocco !

OP
OP
themogs

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
:Sad: Oh well,
We think we'll give this one a miss then :cry:
Thanks for all your replies..much appreciated:thumb:

Got to find somewhere to go soon...we're going nuts !!:Eeek:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A poor show is a poor excuse to not hold a rally. We've had get-togethers at shows where no one has bothered to look at the show at all. If the camping is cheap, a few funsters parked together, you can have a great weekend. :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Got to find somewhere to go soon...we're going nuts !!:Eeek:

OK. If not Marocco, how about Benidorm ?

The weather won't be quite as good but still passable. Benidorm is only 1100 miles form Calais. If you don't fancy Benidorm there are many quieter resorts nearby.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back