Wales and Scotland - blissfully quiet (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Have you been to the Abhainn Dearg Distillery. When I went to visit they had only been open a relatively short time and were not yet able to sell whisky but they did have some moonshine, can't remember proper name but moonshine seemed apt, it was rather rough.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Hopefully everyone is going to the West coast and up to the Highlands. Over on the East coast we have it reasonably quiet at the moment. Great scenery and accessible roads. Lots of history. Loads of places to visit and great towns. And above all no midges. Lol
Funnily Iā€™m going south next week, I wonder if I will be allowed back without quarantine. :pray::imoutahere:

Errrr? NO. :rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

P Jones

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Retford
Funster No
MH
ci carioca 694
Exp
I was worried about crowds. I neednā€™t have.

We had a couple of days on the end of the Llyn Peninsula at the end of last week, for a quick shakedown trip whilst we waited for a recalcitrant cow to calve before heading off on the main trip. Stayed at one of our favourites, Mynydd Mawr near Aberdaron. Site fully open but half empty. Porth Or/Whistling Sands beach busy but distanced. Roads empty.

Now in the Scottish Highlands, again visiting well-known haunts. Wild camped alone on Kinloch Laggan on Friday night. Most lay-bys empty. Last night and tonight in Ullapool. Site open to self-contained MoHos only. 1/3rd to 1/2 full. Village fairly quiet for August. Drove to Lochinver today for a pie. Quiet. Had the afternoon on Achmelvich beach - busiest weā€™ve ever seen it with maybe 2-3 dozen people all told. Roads very quiet, even those on the NC500.

Scotland has got COVID19 down to a tee - 100% mask wearing, distancing, sanitising, and one-ways everywhere. But in typically Scottish understated ā€œnae botherā€ fashion. Thereā€™s no drama and no moaning despite what Iā€™ve read reported elsewhere .

Off to Lewis on the ferry on Tuesday - a first. Canā€™t wait!

So ignore the doomsayers. Get to beautiful N Wales and NW Scotland. Itā€™s never been better!

And everywhere we have been, everything has been open including public toilets.
wales try porthcawl or y barri to wet your wiskers, may be get wet, ok ---ok.pj

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back