Waitrose for dog food (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I normally order my dog food from Amazon, we have a dog with a number of allergies and some years ago our vet recommended that we feed him on Wafcol Salmon and Potato biscuits for large and giant dogs. Anyhow this food in not cheap but excellent stuff.
I happened to notice today that Waitrose do this food on free delivery or click and collect at a very competitive price. I have just ordered X2 large bags for just 74 pounds with free delivery. That is far cheaper than anywhere else and you get the Waitrose service all included.. Great bargain if you use Wafcol.(y)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Pepper has allergies and quite a fussy eater. She's never liked tinned dog food and we found she really likes (except lamb) Nature's Menu in nuggets (she will have the pouches but only a little). These were suggested and tried from Debbie Bliss at the Lincoln Show. Can't remember the name of her company but she makes.....ah! Safe to Shake (I think).
However, she doesn't let us rest if there's a freshly roasted chicken about.
She also has yumega oil and we use Stinky Stuff on her (it really is called that)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
One of our labs has to have grain free food because of his seizures and acid reflux issue so we get James Wellbeloved and we order it from Ocado, it works out over £10 a bag cheaper than buying it locally and they are very good with delivery

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Pepper has allergies and quite a fussy eater. She's never liked tinned dog food and we found she really likes (except lamb) Nature's Menu in nuggets (she will have the pouches but only a little. These were suggested and tried from Debbie Bliss at the Lincoln Show. Can't remember the name of her company but she makes.....ah! Safe to Shake (I think).
However, she doesn't let us rest if there's a freshly roasted chicken about.
My lovely chap would love some meat or chicken but he gets Wafcol or starves:)

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
FANG likes to eat Canigan - 60% protien.
She also likes a raw egg (home produces free range) on her breakfast
For dinner she likes a raw chicken wing on her dinner too

You are what you eat

Last edited by a moderator:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Came home to Pammy prepping Cod fillets for the Dog
Oooooh Fish-n Chips for tea??
If you like, says she, but you are having the Fish Fingers:Eeek:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
One of our labs has to have grain free food because of his seizures and acid reflux issue so we get James Wellbeloved and we order it from Ocado, it works out over £10 a bag cheaper than buying it locally and they are very good with delivery

Dave .. how did she tell you she had acid reflux please?o_O

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Pardon?
Phrrrrt
download (1).jpg

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Forgot to say he gets a dry food called "That'lDo" Recomended by the local breeders £13 large 15KG sack lasts him about two months
Not a food addict at all really, and is happy to graze all day and will happily give you back any treat you give him if asked
we often share a Kebab when Pammys not looking, she's happy for me to eat it but not the Dog :Eeek:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs

Local Sainsburys has a food donation point for the local animal charity--- noticed a sign on it the other day saying their dry food is now sponsored by James Wellbeloved. Well fed animals at Animals in Distress kennels.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We are lucky, ours eat any old Shite.
Our Charlie will only eat fresh horse droppings. He turns his nose up at old stuff, he has standards clearly.
I was looking at recipes for homemade dog treats the other day then realised I could pick treats up for free in the field where I walk him. I'm not sure what they are but they are small, round and green. You can find them all around rabbit holes. Charlie loves 'em. :)

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013

He didn't but the vet did because the poor buggers throat was red raw (the dogs that is not the vets!) and he was in a lot of distress with it, too much protein sometimes causes it apparently and he has to have low protein, no grain diet to help it, to be fair he's a sickly bugger, he has medical notes tall enough to use as a hop up with his latest issue being lungworms which have thankfully been treated now and he's back to normal.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Our Charlie will only eat fresh horse droppings. He turns his nose up at old stuff, he has standards clearly.
I was looking at recipes for homemade dog treats the other day then realised I could pick treats up for free in the field where I walk him. I'm not sure what they are but they are small, round and green. You can find them all around rabbit holes. Charlie loves 'em. :)

My 2 are the same, also the largest of the 2 will happily demolish cardboard of any size, the more the better, he still hasn't mastered the art of churning out wrapped 'parcels' but he's taking recycling to a new level.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Your DOG HAS ALLERGIES??

No mate your Dog in a scavenger! It's inbred, in the wild your dog will eat any carrion it will come across, small Rodents etc that it is fast enough to catch
The only reason "Your Dog has ALLERGIES" is because you are gullible enough to believe your Vet when he recommends a "POSH" feed, I expect if you Google the ingredients of your Dogs Posh feed you will find YOU (the Mug) are paying for "the NAME" and are feeding you precious pooch the same ingredients as one of our farm dogs were fed on "Whinalot"

Kale and Kelp anyone?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Blimey...... anybody got room for little old me..? I'm loyal do as I'm told AND I'm house trained, and with that food I'll roll over so you can rub my tum....

Better food then I get at home..! :D

;)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I normally order my dog food from Amazon, we have a dog with a number of allergies and some years ago our vet recommended that we feed him on Wafcol Salmon and Potato biscuits for large and giant dogs. Anyhow this food in not cheap but excellent stuff.
I happened to notice today that Waitrose do this food on free delivery or click and collect at a very competitive price. I have just ordered X2 large bags for just 74 pounds with free delivery. That is far cheaper than anywhere else and you get the Waitrose service all included.. Great bargain if you use Wafcol.(y)
£74 to feed a dog:Eeek: hope that's for a life time (n)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
My dog, Kerry the rescue retired greyhound, will eat almost anything.

What goes in, isn't the problem :eek:.
GIGO...

Garbage in, garbage out.
Lots of rubbish spouted about dog food but the truth is - what is digested, what comes out as waste.
Cheaper foods tend to have lots of filler, you need to feed more. I switched from the cheap food she came with to a more expensive brand, but feed less... so no more expensive...
...and less to clean up (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I bet someone's got a dog with ADHD!!!
You should have met one of my former dogs Poppy - she was a cross border collie and whippet ... must have had a genius IQ but absolutely hyperactive and couldn't sit still for more than a few seconds!

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Your DOG HAS ALLERGIES??

No mate your Dog in a scavenger! It's inbred, in the wild your dog will eat any carrion it will come across, small Rodents etc that it is fast enough to catch
The only reason "Your Dog has ALLERGIES" is because you are gullible enough to believe your Vet when he recommends a "POSH" feed, I expect if you Google the ingredients of your Dogs Posh feed you will find YOU (the Mug) are paying for "the NAME" and are feeding you precious pooch the same ingredients as one of our farm dogs were fed on "Whinalot"

Kale and Kelp anyone?
I can be accused of many things rangi but gullible nah....the dog was at the vet every week lost all his coat scabs over his body and he had to be put out before the vet could get near him even with two muzzles on. Inside his ears was red raw, his pads were full of ulcers and he was not in any way a happy mutt.
On the recommendation of the vet we changed his food it was like magic, he came off steroids and antibiotics and became a very happy dog. Think what you like about foods all being the same. He is living proof of this potato and salmon it worked for him. The vet still insists on two muzzles to see him though.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Came home to Pammy prepping Cod fillets for the Dog
Oooooh Fish-n Chips for tea??
If you like, says she, but you are having the Fish Fingers:Eeek:
That reminds me of a few weeks ago when we were in Tesco shopping and a chap was looking at the 'fresh' fish on the reduced shelves and talking to his wife about it and it transpired it was just for the dog! There wasn't anything suitable so I told him to have a look at the frozen fish instead as it was cheaper and the dog wouldn't mind what he bought! :D2 I found it and took him a pack over ... they were very grateful as it was a LOT cheaper. Don't know what they ate themselves but there was a lot of junk food in the trolley! :D

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
My dog, Kerry the rescue retired greyhound, will eat almost anything.

What goes in, isn't the problem :eek:.
GIGO...

Garbage in, garbage out.
Lots of rubbish spouted about dog food but the truth is - what is digested, what comes out as waste.
Cheaper foods tend to have lots of filler, you need to feed more. I switched from the cheap food she came with to a more expensive brand, but feed less... so no more expensive...
...and less to clean up (y)

''Tis very true, canned food especially, I wouldn't eat mac Donald's every day without repercussions, no different for your dog

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
FANG likes to eat Canigan - 60% protien.
She also likes a raw egg (home produces free range) on her breakfast
For dinner she likes a raw chicken wing on her dinner too

You are what you eat
Ours has canagan too - great stuff

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Have you never owned a spaniel? :)

Our latest - a cocker - never closes his eyes during the day in case he misses something!

As for diet - he was raised on fresh chicken......poached from the free-range chicken farm next door to his previous owners' house.

Take him straight to the doctor janine,, get him quickly diagnosed, then to the social and you can get benefits for him !! And a carers allowance! New car on mobility and everything !!!! Lol xxx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back