LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Ours did not when we took our rottie for the last time we were rushed past the long queue in the waiting room and the deed was done immediately. Still broke our hearts though! :cry:

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
Not nice for you :Sad:

Same thing happened to us when we called the vet to our home for Jabulie 15 yrs old. It was just so very heartbreaking.

Hugs for you.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hello.
Your between a rock and a hard place,even though your heart is breaking,you will treasure every second you have spent with them.Have waited with one and also been admitted through the back door of the vets with another,as i was a physical wreck,and could not bare to have anyone see me or my "Best mate",as i took him in on the last visit.
Chin up,there are many happy memories ahead.
Tea Bag.

simbadog

Free Member
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Dawn, thinking of you, have a hug :hug:

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
Been there before too many times and it doesn't get any easier:Sad:
Wouldn't be without a dog though - as soon as I could bear it I was back to the animal shelter looking to give another dog a forever home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
It always hurts. I've had to take 2 over the years and it is heartbreaking. I cried less for relatives than I did for my dogs. Our thoughts are with you.

Another Lesley

Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
North East
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
I have stayed with and held all my dogs as they have passed, its the last thing I can do for them. It has never got any easier....and the day it does will be the day when I know I should not have any more. Thinking of you Dawn...cherish the last time.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Feeling for you Dawn. My lad is only 5 so several more years I hope.
He is my constant companion, he's always pleased to see me, he doesn't sulk or whinge, he has been told many things and he can be trusted to keep secrets.
He goes on holiday with us and loves human company.
I think my Avatar may have given away my feelings towards him.

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
So sorry Dawn & all the best to you.

Rosie, our border collie has kidney failure & we are just doing the best we can for her. I've been with all our dogs at the end & feel so sad remembering & thinking of you.

Take care,

Roger

DogShowDiva

Free Member
Dec 28, 2013
Sotogrande
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis
Exp
Since 2004
So Sorry Dawn... I know how you are feeling right now.

In August I lost my best friend Albert, he was only 8 .. he went from perfectly healthy to passing away within 8 days .... He had Cancer of the lungs, it has just devastated me. Then 7 days later his wonderful girlfriend Lilly died in my arms from heart failure ( I think she really missed him !!!) ...... I know they now together looking down on me...

Some one said God only lends us the wonderful dogs and sometimes wants to take them back early ....

Thinking of you.... sending you lots of hugs xxxxxx

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Feel for you both i had to put our Westie down week before xmas only 8 years old gutted i was

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
this may ease your pain a little Dawn.....

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i have to admit i have tears running down my cheeks reading this. not had to do this for 2 years but lost 2 of my babies within a few months of each other. it still breaks my heart losing them and having to take them to the vets. thankfully our vet is also a good friend so helped us so much with the process

really feel for you and know how terrible it is to be in your position

Bebe

Free Member
May 22, 2013
Spain/East Yorkshire, Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2001
So sad, we lost our lovely dog Amber and our best friend just before Christmas. The heart and soul of us and our home went with her to Rainbow Bridge. Our thoughts are with you

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Know just how you feel, I'm quite choked up now. Its 3 years since we were in the same position with Sam (16yrs old border collie/Saluki cross)
Meg in my avatar is now 2 1/2 and ancient and decrepit though I may be, I expect to have to go through it again eventually with her.

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
Genuinely sorry to hear you are hurting so Dawn, stay strong and hang on to all the wonderful memories you have of your time together. :cry:
Dave x

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
A Dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself..

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Dawn, I so feel for you. We had to have our sheltie put to sleep many years ago. Hope it comforts you to know that they never really leave you. Ricky frequently appears in my dreams, often when I have forgotten to feed him (this by the way was impossible in real life) I truly believe he is still with us. I look forward to being reunited with him at rainbow bridge. Xx

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
So sorry Dawn. I know exactly what you're feeling having been there far too many times over the years.
It's so hard to say goodbye but you'll have the good memories for ever.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Bugger, just seen this. Guessing it wasn't the right result ?

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
It never gets any easier does it, thanks Pappajohn, you've got me going all over again............:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back