LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Still can't believe it, we've only had it just under 3 years and even then, only used it approx 8 weeks of the year !!! Started to blink red flash every 5 seconds in France a few months ago. Fault was intermittent, tho caused much stress and food to be thrown out, (not too much cos I don't cook on hols) !!

Been through every check and final check was the battery having a full health check. Can now only be the fridge. Hubby gone off this morning to have a new one put in, £500 gutted !!!!! However, we have hols in 2 weeks to had to be done. May well need to skip France now due to expense and do cheap kayaking around West Wales, Cornwall hols instead. Not sure whether we were just unlucky or whether they are complete pants :( :doh:

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
Still can't believe it, we've only had it just under 3 years and even then, only used it approx 8 weeks of the year !!! Started to blink red flash every 5 seconds in France a few months ago. Fault was intermittent, tho caused much stress and food to be thrown out, (not too much cos I don't cook on hols) !!

Been through every check and final check was the battery having a full health check. Can now only be the fridge. Hubby gone off this morning to have a new one put in, £500 gutted !!!!! However, we have hols in 2 weeks to had to be done. May well need to skip France now due to expense and do cheap kayaking around West Wales, Cornwall hols instead. Not sure whether we were just unlucky or whether they are complete pants :( :doh:

Hope all is well and you're happy again very soon.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Wondering if the fan at the back has got clogged up and stopped working properly? That would cause your issue, but if it hasn't done any damage would be a quick fix.

Have you spoken to Waeco?

Edit - Just thought of something else. Wondering if the back of the fridge where the compressor is has any air flow to it? I remember from fitting my fridge that this was needed. Thought I'd mention it as if not the new fridge could go the same way.

The fan I mentioned above should be attached to a heat sink on the compressor.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014

If it's intermittent it's probably not the compressor, in which case it can probably be fixed. What does the red flashing mean? Is it a fault code?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Ok I give up what is a waeco c50
It's another excellent product from Dometic

Quality, design and value, all wrapped up in one perfect package

gpz

May 24, 2012
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
converted movano
Exp
if the problem is intermittent you wouldn't think it was undersize cables would it not be worth getting someone to look at it before buying a new one

roger7

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
The problem can be intermittent if the battery is not fully charged and the cable is under sized
The test is to measure the voltage at the compressor when it starts
12.2volts at the battery will equal 10+ volts at the compressor and the low voltage fault is indicated and the compressor will not start but the fan will run.
On thge Waeco fridge it will continue to start/stop until the voltage is raised

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Have you got solar, wouldn't that keep your voltage up.
Only guessing as I didn't even know what the thread was about this morning.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The red flashing light is a low voltage warning.
eg low battery charge, or under size supply cable - a common problem.
It will trigger when the compressor starts
Adding to that, if you start the engine when the light is flashing, does it go off?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Compressors take up to 6 times the run current for an instant during starting, this can knock the supply voltage down enough to trigger the battery protection. Especially if the cables are a bit undersized.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back