Free Member
Jun 13, 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
All my life!
I am about to advertise my T4 for sale. Looking at other adverts, values of these seem to fluctuate pretty wildly, so interested in getting any ideas people may have.

It is a 1995 VW T4, 1.9D (non turbo) with 89k on the clock, 11 months MOT. Red/Maroon in colour. Good mechanical and body condition. Leisuredrive conversion with sink, two burner stove, wardrobe, storage cupboards etc. Rock and roll 2 berth. Elevating roof, although no beds in it. Only one window in the back (in sliding door) to keep it discrete for rough camping.

Any ideas?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
As you say the price of T4s fluctuates enormously. A T4 from a recognised builder such as Westfalia, Remo or Carthargo will make much more than a home build. The problem seems to be that there are so many companies building interiors that can be put into what was once a builders van and calling them a Westfalia. I have a VW T4 Dehler that I imported last week which is now in the paint shop for refurbishing. When its done it will be one of a handfull in the UK and hopefully make strong money. Not all VWs are worth a lot of money as a look around the bay should tell you. This is the one I imported just before leaving Hanover.

Attachments

• Dehler Profi 001.jpg
    Dehler Profi 001.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 27

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
To the OP, I would have thought you'd struggle to get more than £5-6k

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Whatton

Free Member
Apr 30, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Just sold my home conversion for £10k, Volkswagen 2002 T4 2.5 TDi current mileage is 66268.

Full Build Details here Link Removed

Attachments

• Van Miguel.jpg
    Van Miguel.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 15

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
VWs values always make me wonder ::bigsmile:I don't think Wifes dads estimate will be far off the mark (maybe even a bit high) but they never fail to amaze me especialy the older bay and splits --after owning a bay I have never shared the apeal ::bigsmile: My view is they are a bag of S--t but then again I have never liked them,or beatles ::bigsmile:
terry

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
C'mon guys, you are showing your age:Smile: The dubs that make the best money are those aimed at the surf scene, day vans with sleeping ability rather than full blown campers. I'm told by my son (who has converted two of them) it's all about street cred for the best money. Me? I'm old....I like comfort for my dosh:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back