LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you are using a 3 PAYG data sim I think you will find that you do not need a VPN to access UK TV, that has been my experience in France, Spain and Portugal.

Because you are using a UK based sim the system thinks you are in the UK.
I've found that since the change to free roaming last June if you connect via a UK SIM all channels work without a VPN.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
The BBC seem to be getting good at detecting VPN's and then blocking them, I have had the same problem with different VPN's.

Try clearing the history/cache etc, turn off adblocker and keep reconnecting to the VPN, sometimes several goes needed, each time the VPN should come up with a different one.

I use Pure VPN which has various options, one of which is to stream BBC, strangely this rarely worked but I could get the BBC iplayer to work using the option for ITV.

Basically all I can suggest is keep fiddling until it works, I am presuming that Slick is a subscription service, none of the free ones that I tried in the past worked for iplayer.
Many thanks for your input. (y)
I'll bookmark this thread, for when I'm next on a site's WiFi here in Spain, then give the VPN another bash. (y)

Cheers for now,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back